7360SS Auxiliary controller for an front auger

/ 7360SS Auxiliary controller for an front auger #1  

jomobco

Tractor
Cub Cadet 7360ss
I'd like to buy a skidsteer type front auger to go on the front of my tractor. They don't come with auxiliary control units. Any thoughts on what can be done or am I missing something?

/ 7360SS Auxiliary controller for an front auger #2  
   / 7360SS Auxiliary controller for an front auger
It looks like it might be. This looks like it would control the direction of the auger with the lever (or a grapple, etc). Any idea where this mounts? I've also got the back hoe on this so it appears I would also need to order the T's and then run the power beyond port to the backhoe.

Does anybody here have a back hoe and this auxiliary controller that they could post a picture of?

Thanks!

Thanks. I've had the operators manual. Any idea why the parts manual stops before you reach the hydraulic section? Is there a place to get a complete manual?

/ 7360SS Auxiliary controller for an front auger #6  
It looks like page 78/79 is where the hydraulic stuff starts.

Last edited:
OK now I'm really confused. The 603 Auxiliary hydraulic valve I believe is what I already have on my tractor to control the loader and bucket. 2 of the lines run to the backhoe when attached. The backhoe has it's own controls built onto the unit. I just scored an auger from an auction and I could hook it up where the backhoe's 2 hoses would go to power it however I'm still lacking a forward/neutral(stop)/reverse switch.

I'm thinking I've got to fabricate something by running 2 short lines from where the back hoe plugged in to the auxiliary valve to a control then then connect that to the auger. I basically need another block I would guess since my joystick currently controls the up/down of the bucket arms (up and down on the joystick) and the up/down of the bucket (left and right on the joystick)??? Help!

/ 7360SS Auxiliary controller for an front auger #8  
I'm not familiar with the auger your talking about but it sounds like you could hook a valve up that's connected to the auger which would essentially be the whole backhoe setup. Essentially swapping out the backhoe configuration for the auger.

This parts breakdown might give you some more informaiton.
OEM Parts

I would definitely use the inlet/outlet that run to the backhoe for flow to the new valve. This new valve would need a forward flow/neutral/reverse flow valve to control the auger for clockwise/stopped/counterclockwise motion. I'd run the auger lines to this new valve and run the backhoe lines to this new valve. Does that make sense? And would it work?

It would be an extra control like a grapple control for my bucket I think...

I went to the JD dealer to talk about this. My current hydraulic set-up to run my loader is not apparently the auxiliary hydraulic set-up due to the fact that the 603 valve is only a 2 way system according to him and the loader takes a 4 way to run the arms and bucket.