Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Cub Cadet/Yanmar sc2450

Default Re: Snow-blower Dilemma

I haven't found the need for chains yet but I do use a weight box. I would get the blower you want over the chains.

I ran into this in a search. See page two. Seems like the list price, at least last year, in this document, was similar to your Bercomac price. I talk about what I paid in this thread. In the same thread a few posts down, another member says it's made by Ameriquip.

Tractor
    Cub Cadet/Yanmar sc2450

I haven't found the need for chains yet but I do use a weight box. I would get the blower you want over the chains.

I ran into this in a search. See page two. Seems like the list price, at least last year, in this document, was similar to your Bercomac price. I talk about what I paid in this thread. In the same thread a few posts down, another member says it's made by Ameriquip.

Tractor
    Cub Cadet SC2450

Awesome, Info! Thank You! At least, I will have data to back up my argument when I have an a hole contest with the dealership.

Tractor
    Cub Cadet SC2450

Update: I'm keeping the Bercomac Snowblower. Got them to throw in a set of tire chains. I could have taken them to small claims court and won, but chose to let them off the hook. I realized that I will need service someday and I shouldn't piss them off too much.

Tractor
    John Deere 3720 Premium Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder11 View Post
    Update: I'm keeping the Bercomac Snowblower. Got them to throw in a set of tire chains. I could have taken them to small claims court and won, but chose to let them off the hook. I realized that I will need service someday and I shouldn't piss them off too much.
    As long as you are happy and believe you got what you paid for, that is all that counts. I personally think this is a fair compromise and you have preserved the relationship with the dealer.
    2012 John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300CX Loader w/ 73" HD Bucket, Artillian Forks, 681 Tiller, 72D AutoConnect Mower, 59" Two-stage Snow Blower, Ballast Box, Frontier TR2058 Overseeder, Frontier SS2067B Broadcast
    Spreader, iMatch.

1953 Ford NAA Golden Jubilee - Currently disassembled waiting for restoration.
    1947 Allis Chalmers Model B - Still running great - handed down from my Grandfather to my Father to me.

Tractor
    SC2450

Hi - I have same setup as you, SC2450 with Bercomac 48" Blower. I used it for the 1st time last winter. I have a slight inclined driveway. One of the first things I had to do was get chains. The extra weight in front takes weight off of the back tires. This would be even more pronounce with the bigger SB52. This past summer I also decided to get the back tires filled with calcium.

As for the blower. Solid. goes through just about anything. And very quiet considering what is going on. Get extra sheer pins if you have a gravel drive. Get extra regardless. Until you get a decent base you will likely pick up a few rocks and they may get caught. This year I'm using my rear scraper blade turned backwards to pack down the snow for the 1st few snowfalls. Once the base was set last year i could just 'float' the blower.

Also, make sure you check REAR tire pressure. This can cause the blower tilt or skew so that one side is higher than the other by as much as an inch or 2. It took me about a month last year to figure that out, the whole time incorrectly blaming defective design of the blower. To check, get it on a level surface and raise the unit so that is just off the ground. If it is skewed, play with the relative air pressure in the rear tires and you will see the skew get corrected.

This summer I added a 4" stroke 12volt actuator to control exit chute angle. Seems to work great. Bercomac sells this kit for something like $340, I was able to build mine for about $130. Simple install actually.

I'm happy with the Bercomac, but I have never seen the SB52. Cost to me was about $4000 + tax and they did initial install.

Tractor
    Cub Cadet SC2450

SMP999,

Thanks for all the snowblower tips. I'm gonna hook it up this weekend.

Flounder

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12