Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    CUB/YANMAR SX 3100

It is for the pto and having the vehicle in motion. It can sit and idle with no one in the seat but you cannot push the hydro pedal.
    sx 3100 Cub/Yanmar, loader, 60" MMM, snow blade to come before winter

Northern Michigan

Tractor
    Cub Cadet SC2400, Case 520, Deere420 dozer

Default Re: Cub Died while plowing snow?

If the tractor is in motion, I'm pretty sure the seat switch acts like a kill switch so if you fall off, it stops the tractor.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar sc2400 TLD, 1989 Ford 2120 with loader

Quote Originally Posted by traber View Post
    If the tractor is in motion, I'm pretty sure the seat switch acts like a kill switch so if you fall off, it stops the tractor.
    ^^^^This

Tractor
    CCY SX3100

Hello Blu,
    I think you are going about it in the correct manor, Drain the fuel/water seperator,add fresh fuel, fuel tanks after sitting for awhile collect moisture, when ever your tractor will be parked try to top off the tank with as much fuel as possible. Your seat switch does kill the tractor if in motion and the seat is lifted, needless to say i took care of that problem. Every time i was doing something and lifted off the seat the tractor would cut out and it gets annoying after awhile. I remember reading a tread on here about a switch located under the floor board freezing up and causing issues i think on the right side of the tractor. After a sudden stop like that you could of knocked many things around i would look for loose wires.
    Good luck

Tractor
    Cub Sc2400

Well here is a update with my tractor stalling out. It has done it 3-4 times more. So I decided to take it to a yanmar dealer. Guess what... they could not get it to do it for them. So I take it back home, and the next time I start it up it does the same thing. Runs for a few min then stalls out. Just like it runs out of fuel. After 10 min of cranking on it she will fire up and run fine the rest of the day. It did it again yesterday but this time I took the fuel cap off and it fired right up? Is there a vent on the cap or in the tank?

Platinum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BluDeuce View Post
    Well here is a update with my tractor stalling out. It has done it 3-4 times more. So I decided to take it to a yanmar dealer. Guess what... they could not get it to do it for them. So I take it back home, and the next time I start it up it does the same thing. Runs for a few min then stalls out. Just like it runs out of fuel. After 10 min of cranking on it she will fire up and run fine the rest of the day. It did it again yesterday but this time I took the fuel cap off and it fired right up? Is there a vent on the cap or in the tank?
    Yes, the cap has a vent to allow an intake of air to replace the fuel drawn out of the tank. You may have to purchase a new cap.

Bob B.

Tractor
    Cub Sc2400

Well its not the cap. Won't run at all now! Back to the dealer on Monday. If they cant figure it out I'm done with cub/yan. And it's getting traded on something that works! So pissed at it today I almost set it on fire!

Tractor
    CCY SX3100

It stinks when things aren't going right. You might have problems with another machine as well. Doesn't sound like a big problem just a matter of finding it. Hope the dealer gets it done for you.

Tractor
    Cub Sc2400

After a day to cool off I went back and worked on it. It's not getting fuel so I started taking fuel hoses off. The fuel flows fine out of the fuel filter but when I turn the key on the fuel pump runs but it's not pumping fuel out? Shouldn't the pump keep running until it has built up pressure or keep running all the time while the key is on? either way the pump is making a clicking noise but no fuel coming out?

Tractor
    Kubota B2620 with BH65 backhoe, Ford 2N

I think the click sound is a celenoid being activated that switches the pump on. Seems like the prob is either a faulty selenoid or faulty pump. It should be fairly easy for a mechanic to isolate the problem and fix it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast