Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Cub Sc2400

Default Cub Died while plowing snow?

Hello all,

New here, figured I would see if anyone had this happen? I purchased a new 2011 SC2400 a few months ago. So far its been a great tractor!! Yesterday I was plowing with the FEL and hit snow that stopped the tractor kind of hard. The tractor stalled and would not start for about 15 min? It appeared to be not getting fuel? My first thought was the fuel pump fuse, but it was ok. second was the safety switch under the seat. both seamed ok. Onced I hooked it up to pull it back inside it started??????? My next ? is how do you pull or push these when they are dead? My old cub had a lever to release the hyd drive.

thanks

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Yanmar ea26

Default Re: Cub Died while plowing snow?

Page 8-16 of my manual says to do the following:
    1. Tilt the seat forward.
    2. Fully depress the Hydro Static Transmission (HST) pressure release lever.
    3. Disengage the parking brake.
    4. Move the tractor.
    5. After moving the tractor, fully pull up the HST pressure relief lever.
    6. Engage the parking brake securely.

I found that whenever I stall the tractor, I need to engage the parking brake otherwise the tractor won't start.

Tractor
    Cub Sc2400

Thanks for the info on releasing the hyd drive. As far as the stalling thing I'm still confused what happened. When I hit the ice and the tractor slammed to a halt it stalled. Then would not start for 10-15 min of cranking the engine over. It was like it was not getting fuel. Now today I went to start it and it took 4-5 tries before it would start, same simtoms? This is a new 2011 tractor and I just rolled 8 hrs on the thing. What is the sensor in the seat for?

Tractor
    CUB/YANMAR SX 3100

You can not turn the pto on or push the hydro pedal (while the tractor is running)unless you are seated on the tractor. It is a saftey sensor.
    sx 3100 Cub/Yanmar, loader, 60" MMM, snow blade to come before winter

Northern Michigan

Tractor
    Yanmar LX4500, Toro z420

Something this new should still be covered under warranty? If so, call the dealer.

That said, I don't have a 2400 but I would think this should still apply. See if you can locate the fuel shut-off solenoid. Once you find it, get ready to start the tractor and turn the key one position. Did you hear the solenoid click? With the key still over one click and everything else in its starting position, get up off the seat and then sit back down, did the solenoid click?

If the solenoid isn't clicking no voltage may be getting to it, and if the solenoid isn't working your injectors aren't getting any fuel. This could be caused by a loose wire, connector, bad wire, bad ground, etc.

Tractor
    Cub Sc2400

Well it runs but seams to run out of fuel. Then starts back up. I'm new to the diesel world, but could it be the fuel filter or water seperator ? Even though the tractor is new its been sitting at the dealer for a few years with fuel in it. Unfortunately a dealer is about a hour away. So I'll try to tackle this on my own.

Tractor
    Kubota B2620, Ford 2N

Like Katahdin said, with an abrupt stop, a wire could have come disconnected from the change in inertia.

Open the hood and look around. It might be that simple.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    kubota 7040sud

a ground wire to the block or a wire to the fuel shut off turn the key to on listen for a click sound if u hear that its the fuel shut off moving to let the fuel flow if u dont hear the sound look at the injector pump the fuel shut off is on there at leeast one wire on it maybe two gd luck

Tractor
    Cub Cadet SC2400, Case 520, Deere420 dozer

I have had my SC2400 stall while pushing hard into a snow pile, but as long as I remember to press the brake down, it starts right back up. If your unit sat at the dealer for that length of time, it may be a water issue and the sudden stop sloshed the water up to where the pump line picked it up. Should consider draining the fuel tank or at least siphon from the bottom of the tank and see what the fuel looks like. Not sure if "DryGas" works for a diesel or not.

Tractor
    Cub Sc2400

Well so far the tractor has been running good. I added some fresh fuel and a little seafoam. I did have one other prob that has been bugging me. My daughter is only 10 yrs old and only weighs about 80 lbs it seams to stall out on her when she is driving if she she bumps up off the seat. I thought the sensor in the seat was for the PTO not the engine?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast