sx 3100 on the way

/ sx 3100 on the way #1  

dslanec

Silver Member
Tractor
CUB/YANMAR SX 3100
Well i finalized a deal today. Im trading in my sc 2400 with loader, deck and front blade for a sx 3100. I couldnt pass up the deal. I live in northern Michigan and this past winter we had alot of snow and I often got frustrated with the 2400. Overall I cant complain but i just needed something with more capabilitys. For next winter i will have a blade that hooks up to the loafer arms. The new tractor is still a cub/yanmar so i was able to get a good deal on lt. Picking it up tommorow. Cant wait.

/ sx 3100 on the way #2  
dslanec congrats on the new ride :thumbsup: I think you'll really enjoy it. I just got mine this past fall and glad i did with the amount of snow we had this year.
One storm was 30 inches. It did take awhile to clean up the 1200 ft driveway with it but unless i had a tank i think any other CUT would of had a workout as well.
Nice to know i can compare notes with someone now.

/ sx 3100 on the way
BuilderML,

What were you using for snow removal? The loader? Do you have the mmm? If so are you happy with it?

/ sx 3100 on the way #4  
I was using the loader for the snow removal. Not the greatest but it did get the job done, My rear tires are not filled so i made a 500lb block for the 3pt to give me some weight. What a difference it made. I got the tractor so late in the season that i never really had a chance to use the mmm. I did try it for a couple passes. Very heavy duty deck. I am very happy with the tractor so far and it really saved me this past winter. Now i am waiting for the lawn to start growing so i can really give the mmm a good work out.I figure this past winter it must of saved me atleast $500 in snow removal. Now i need a box blade to fix the gravel driveway. Just to let you know there it a dipstick to check the hydro fliud. You will not find any mention of it in the manuals. they tell you to use the site glass.
The dipstick can be found if you follow the range shift lever down to the where it meets the housing. Just forward of that you should see the dipstick using a flash light. Pain to get at but it does have one. Good Luck. Did you get R4'S? or turfs? I ended up getting mine for alittle under 16K.
Good Luck :drink:

/ sx 3100 on the way
I got the R 4s and they are loaded as well. My price is 18,000 OTD... the best price i got besides that was 21,000 OTD. My first project for it will be to move and knock down my huge piles of snow so they melt faster and that will let me compare the loader to the 2400. And as soon as my driveway thaws ( its gravel) i will use my box blade to smooth it out and prep it for some afton stone i will have brought in. Well im off to go pick it up, about a 2 hour drive.

/ sx 3100 on the way
Well i have my first question about the new machine. Maybe builder can give me a answer. I went to hook on to my box blade last night and i hooked the two lower arms on and the top link is to short to connect. Even when screwed all the way out it is about 4 inches shorter than the the lower arms? Am i missing something? The box blade is only a 4 footer but that shouldn't matter. It seems the top link should be able to reach as far as the lower arms correct?

/ sx 3100 on the way #7  
dslanec,
I just measured my top link. Just black tube alone is 13 1/2" plus the two turn adjusters. I would have no problems unscrewing both ends of the top link and having it extend past the 3pt arms. Hope this helps. Any other questions just ask i'll help if i can.:drink:
You are unscrewing it at both ends of the top link right?

/ sx 3100 on the way
I figured out the problem. I called my dealer. He got the tractor from another dealer that went out of business. There was no top link on it. He took one off his shelf and installed it and he clearly put one that was to short on it. I just went to my tsc store and got a new one and now im all set. Dealer said just bring him my receipt and he will take care of it. Thanks for the info Builder. I cant wait till Tuesday (day off) so i can get some seat time.

/ sx 3100 on the way #9  
Didn't you have a 2 hour trip to pick up your tractor? If so could you mail or fax him a copy and have him send you a check? Glad the dealer worked with you.
Enjoy the seat time. Did you locate the dipstick?

/ sx 3100 on the way
I havent looked for the dip stick yet. I should be able to give the tractor a good looking over this week. The top link was only 22.00. When i take my tractor for the 50 hour service( free) i will just get credit toward whatever i want.