3point finishing mower on a 2006 5264D... Question.

/ 3point finishing mower on a 2006 5264D... Question. #1  

Sub-Cadet68

Bronze Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 5264D (Glass Trans lol)
I ditched my MMM for a great deal on a Sitrex 48" rear discharge finishing mower two seasons ago. Craigslist find for 750. :)

Sitrex Tractor 3 Point PTO Driven Rear or Side Discharge Finish, Grooming Mower

It's a full floating setup.... & here's my problem.

I have quick attach connectors on my lift arms & can't get the top link and the flex section on the mower to line up well enough to let the deck adjust on the sloped part of my property. Pat's Premium 3-Point Quick Change Hitch - Category 1:Amazon:Home Improvement

I think I can fix the issue by welding up an "L" shaped piece to replace the "I" shaped stock one. I think if I make the "L" the same overall length of the quick attach units it'll put the 3 point geometry back where it belongs.

This post makes perfect sense to ME... lol, please let me know if you guys think my logic is sound, dead wrong... or needing a slight adjustment. :)

Thanks,
Rob W.
Center Valley Pa.

/ 3point finishing mower on a 2006 5264D... Question. #3  
The top toggle on the mower that attaches to the top link on this Sitrex looks like it would limit travel. You may try turning it around. This is the set up on a Woods for the toggle.

PRD7200-39006-1.JPG

/ 3point finishing mower on a 2006 5264D... Question.
The top toggle on the mower that attaches to the top link on this Sitrex looks like it would limit travel. You may try turning it around. This is the set up on a Woods for the toggle.

View attachment 320748

Didn't know the name of the part. :)

The toggle on mine looks like it does need to be flipped over.

The lower points for the lift arms pivot up and down around 45 degrees too.

I'm still wondering if I need to lengthen the toggle some to offset the length of my quick attach links.... or is it ok to just crank out the top link like I've been doing?

Final question, how much of a slope should a RFM actually be able to follow the tractor up/down before it lifts?

Thanks for the reply.

/ 3point finishing mower on a 2006 5264D... Question. #5  
The toggle on my Woods PRD7200 is tilted down at about 30 degrees when attached to the top link and the mower is sitting on level ground. If the top link is too tight the mower will raise off the ground when going over steep slopes. If the top link is too loose the back of the mower will droop down in the back when the mower is raised for transport. Looks like the top toggle on the Stirex is pointed straight up when the mower is lifted. This wouldn't work at all on my tractor and I don't have a quick change hitch. Hope this helps.

/ 3point finishing mower on a 2006 5264D... Question. #6  
I have some pretty steep valleys in my yard. My Woods mower has enough travel to not raise off the ground when mowing these valleys but still also raise level when lifted for transport.

I have some pretty steep valleys in my yard. My Woods mower has enough travel to not raise off the ground when mowing these valleys but still also raise level when lifted for transport.

If you look close at the pic of the Sitrex, the lower points have a LOT of flex to them.
I'm wondering if I'm supposed to mow with the arms in float, or at a set height to let the deck flex properly...

Bad thing about a CL find is no manual. lol

/ 3point finishing mower on a 2006 5264D... Question. #8  
The lower arms on my mower have a lot of float also. You don't need to set a height on the lower arms. With the lower arms down is all the way down and up is up. The float is in the top link as far as how the mower follows the ground.

/ 3point finishing mower on a 2006 5264D... Question. #9  
Some pics. Top link. Bottom links. Sitting on my garage floor.

IMG_1001.jpgIMG_1002.jpg

Some pics. Top link. Bottom links. Sitting on my garage floor.

View attachment 320763View attachment 320764

Looks like I'm going to try flipping the toggle so it can face forward. They have a piece welded to it that prevents it from going forward though. Like it's supposed to swing backwards.

I'm going to snap a few pictures of it tomorrow after work and post them up.