Ready for snow!!

/ Ready for snow!! #1  

dslanec

Silver Member
Tractor
CUB/YANMAR SX 3100
I got a western suburbanite plow fitted with a QA for my tractor. Just got it wired up today and all is well. It has a hand held remote to angle the plow. I still have to order chains though. Hopefully the plow isn't to long(7' 4"). That will be a lot of snow to push when we get a big storm. I got the blade for next to nothing so the price was right.

image-2115512949.jpg

image-4272667118.jpg

image-2657308220.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Ready for snow!! #2  
Nice setup! Loaded rear tires?

/ Ready for snow!!
Thank you.
They are loaded with rim guard

/ Ready for snow!! #5  
Nice setup.

When snow does fly, it will be much more effective with something heavy on the 3ph. Even though your tires are loaded, that isn't enough by itself

/ Ready for snow!! #6  
That should work alright if you dont wait til theres a foot or more on the ground, you will definitely see what you are doing at the very least lol

/ Ready for snow!!
No the plow lights are not hooked up. I'm actually going to take them off the plow so they don't get in the way of tractor lights. When the snow flys I put my box blade on also for extra weight. It also comes in handy sometimes to push snow in reverse.

/ Ready for snow!! #8  
That's a very nice looking set-up.I would consider hooking up the plow lites.With chains and ballast you should be fine.

/ Ready for snow!!
I can't hook up the plow lights with the plow harness. It's designed to plug into a truck wiring harness. They (plow dealer) had to rewire the plow harness for me just to make it work. There is a safety built into it so when The plow lights are not on the power won't go to the plow. They rewired it somehow to make it think the lights are always on.

/ Ready for snow!! #10  
Plow wiring isnt that complicated.

If you wanted to wire it so the headlights work with the tractor lights, it can be done.