Buying Advice mid deck for 7305

/ mid deck for 7305 #1  

mercer82

Tractor
cub cadet 7305
I am lost and this my be the wrong place to ask/ but I am looking to buy a mid mount 72 in deck for a cub cadet 7305. Help
Thanks

/ mid deck for 7305 #2  
Welcome to TBN!

Although not the classified, this is a good start to inquire about your 7305. Which, by the way is a great tractor....I used to have one and loved it. (until it was stolen) :mad:
As for the decks, they are few and far between, I don't think they made very many of them perhaps just not a big demand for this sized tractor. There is a 60" deck for sale on Ebay that will fit the 7305, but you need to find a mounting kit, and if your tractor doesn't have the mid PTO kit you will need that as well....I've also seen them for sale on Ebay in the past. I've seen a few 72" decks here and there, you'll just have to start calling Cub dealers all around you.
It'd definitely be much cheaper getting a rear 72" 3 point finish mower unless you absolutely need/want the mid-mount....

Good luck!

/ mid deck for 7305
Tanks
I wasn't sure they even made a 72 in deck. I do have the midmount PTO. Dose anyone no if you could take a pull behind and have it fabricated for a mid mount? Or are the shaft speed differences not going to work?

/ mid deck for 7305 #4  
I BELIEVE most mid mount PTO's are 2000 RPM, while rear PTO's are 540.....

don't think I would try it.

/ mid deck for 7305
Good news and bad. Thanks for help I fond a woods Mid mount mower deck for my 7305. but the bad news is It has none of the equipment to hang it to the tractor or the PTO shaft or the cylinder . Help.
Should I be putting this in the classified or here?
Thanks.

/ mid deck for 7305 #6  
It sounds like you found yourself a 404 deck, nice unit. I just priced out some pieces for a customer that has the same deck. The good news is that parts are still available for that deck. The bad news is that the gearbox, cylinder and the major components of the front and rear subframe will cost over $2000. There does not seem to be many of those decks out there, but hopefully you will get lucky and find some used parts.

/ mid deck for 7305 #7  
Did you grab that 60" off of Ebay?

/ mid deck for 7305
Did you grab that 60" off of Ebay?

No I got it at a farm auction still in crate but it is 72". But so far it looks like I have big problems finding the cylinder and parts needed to raise and lower.
I don't want to spend a punch more on a setup.

/ mid deck for 7305 #9  
No I got it at a farm auction still in crate but it is 72". But so far it looks like I have big problems finding the cylinder and parts needed to raise and lower.
I don't want to spend a punch more on a setup.

That might be tricky.....I've got a few sources for you to try. I apologize for not having #'s with me, currently overseas.
1. small engine warehouse in Indiana
2. Best power equipment in vermont - talk to Dave
3. Springfield tractor in New York.....if they are still in business. talk to Iver.
4. a place in MI......Joe's equipment, or engine warehouse, or something like that...lots of cub parts.
5. Gene's truck sales - coleman, MI talk to Greg.

Good luck!

Frank

/ mid deck for 7305
I tried all the numbers I could find. Springfield tractor must be out of business. no phone. Couldn't find Best Power and the rest tried but had no help. One told me they thought they could get the parts from Woods. who made the deck for Cub, but it would be about $3000. So I need to find a used one. Thanks for the help
Dick