Buying Advice Model?

/ Model? #1  

camblin

Tractor
cub cadet
Can anyone help me identify what model and approx. year this tractor is? It has under 300 hours, if that is any help guestimating age. It seems to have been well-cared-for but does look like it needs some new hoses. I am looking at this for $8000 for work around a 6 acre property, but am having trouble identifying the model, and would like to try to find an owner's manual, and would also like to see what comparable tractors are selling for. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
   / Model? #2  
Not sure,but interesting tire setup...turfs looks like R4's

/ Model? #3  
Guessing a 7232 series or a 7272 series.

There are 4 tractors in each series, depending on trans, and weather 4wd or 2wd. The 723x is less power than the 727x series

/ Model?
My initial assumption was 7275, but can find no model number anywhere on it. It is a 4wd. The logo on the hood makes me think it is an older version of whatever model it is, although I cannot find that particular logo design and location anywhere. I've checked all of the typical places one might expect to find either a serial number or model number. There is a 1964 stamped on both sides of the front axle, a 1030 on the left front axle, and an illegible 3 digit number on the right front axle. None of those seem to correspond with possible models or years of manufacture for this tractor.

/ Model? #5  
Sorry I cannot help more. I can only go off of what I can search to find on tractordata.

It could be a 7235. Which is a smaller engine version.

Only difference I can see between the two is the 7235 has a 2" smaller wheelbase. @ 65" vs the 7275 @ 67"

/ Model?
Thanks. I'm going to see if I can find the serial number on the engine and run it. This at least gives me a starting place.

/ Model? #7  
Knowing the size of the engine will go along way to help

/ Model? #8  
Looks like a 7274 I have one. Check for engine mount bolts for tightness. Or you will b looking for an engine block like me

/ Model? #9  
Capture.PNG

From the 7000 Series User Manual.

I think it's still available for free download through CubCadet.com. If not, contact "OldMachinist" right here on TBN.

- Jay

/ Model? #10  
…and like me with a 7235. Engine is, er, was a Mitsubishi K3G. I found a K3E that will fit albeit a few less HP, and it was not too expensive.