Oil & Fuel fuel filter

/ fuel filter #1  

hiredboy

Tractor
Cub Cadet 6284
Can anyone tell me the correct fuel filter to use in my 6284 which has the 28 HP Cat?

/ fuel filter #2  
Welcome

Here is the information from Messick's

Cub Cadet 759-04027 Fuel Filter
Part Number 759-04027
Vender Cub Cadet
Messick's Price $39.91
Stock Quantity 2
Classification Cub Cadet Fuel Filter
Weight 0.00 lbs
Days to order In stock
Replaced by
Replaces

/ fuel filter #3  
:welcome:
To the forum from Northwest Alabama.

/ fuel filter
Thanks for the information. BTW, my serial number is 1f065g400001 Could you , or anyone else tell me what year this may be??? And does the 00001 mean it was the first one off that year?

/ fuel filter
Thanks for the welcome! U.S. Army 1964-1967

/ fuel filter #6  
Thanks for the information. BTW, my serial number is 1f065g400001 Could you , or anyone else tell me what year this may be??? And does the 00001 mean it was the first one off that year?

Try contacting Cub directly. They should be able to get you an operator manual as well.

/ fuel filter
Here I am again. I just bought this tractor which includes a loader and since have purchased a 4' brush hog and a 5' blade. I plan on using it at my private water ski lake which has about 9 acres of property and a 29 acre lake. I am pretty familiar with the small diesels having owned Kobota B1700 and a New Holland TC29. Whoever, I cant make the 3 point hitch lower. It is full up position and will not come down, even with my weight on it. It has been very cold here since I bought it. now 30 degrees and still will not come down. Any clues????

/ fuel filter #8  
:welcome: Don!

Is there an implement on it? Most 3 points won't go down without some significant weight on them. Can't remember if the 6284 has the position control.....if so there is a knob under the seat that controls the drop of the 3-pt......might be locked up if installed. Otherwise, with implement on, push handle down....see if it lowers.......let us know!

/ fuel filter
:welcome: Don!

Is there an implement on it? Most 3 points won't go down without some significant weight on them. Can't remember if the 6284 has the position control.....if so there is a knob under the seat that controls the drop of the 3-pt......might be locked up if installed. Otherwise, with implement on, push handle down....see if it lowers.......let us know!

Thanks for the reply. I do not have an implement on it but I have stood on the 3 point and still no movement. The control handle does not go all the way down. Is that some kind of clue? I have checked for a knob like my New Holland had but have found none. This tractor only has 50 hours on it and had not been run in some time. I just took it out today for the first time and got it warmed up well and everything worked well except for the 3 point. Maybe there is some type of lock on the system?

/ fuel filter #10  
Thanks for the reply. I do not have an implement on it but I have stood on the 3 point and still no movement. The control handle does not go all the way down. Is that some kind of clue? I have checked for a knob like my New Holland had but have found none. This tractor only has 50 hours on it and had not been run in some time. I just took it out today for the first time and got it warmed up well and everything worked well except for the 3 point. Maybe there is some type of lock on the system?

I've been on tractors that the 3-pt will not go down with just operator weight.....they need the weight of an implement. Having said that, if your lever is not going all the way forward, I would check linkage in the tirewell. Might be something binding/bent. I have seen.......in a 5000 or 6000 series Cub where I've had to trim around the front of the plastic housing where the 3 point lever goes, to allow it to travel just a bit further, in order to work.
Check all this out and see where we are.

BTW, thanks for your service. You drew a short straw on the timing of your enlistment. I did 25 years, but didn't start till the late 70's......

Frank