CUB CADET GT 2550 SPEED

/ CUB CADET GT 2550 SPEED #1  

bigkat1100

Tractor
cub cadet gt2550
I bought my tractor new,I took my tractor in for service just general tune up blade work and adjustment,when I got it back I noticed it was much slower than it had ever been,I know top speed is supposed to be 6 mph, but now its nowhere near that speed. I called the dealer and he said it would blow the engine as it was running too fast.It has always ran OK since new,and never need adjustment for speed before. have any of you had a similar experience.Have any of you adjusted the speed of your tractor. Remember I bought this tractor brand new.Thanks for any info,I will put my gps on next time I mow.

/ CUB CADET GT 2550 SPEED #2  
That is interesting , the motor should be running at 3600rpm and I would be asking dealer at what speed he has set the motor
Did they change the hydro oil ?
A question I might ask is have you had any problems with the deck idler pulleys I am now on my 3rd set fortunately all under warranty also the spring loaded pivoting arm that one idler pulley is mounted on has been upgraded , much stronger than the old one
I prefer to do my own maintenance as it is cheaper and the manual is pretty instructive , download a copy of the parts manual that explains how the bits go together
Oz

/ CUB CADET GT 2550 SPEED
That is interesting , the motor should be running at 3600rpm and I would be asking dealer at what speed he has set the motor
Did they change the hydro oil ?
A question I might ask is have you had any problems with the deck idler pulleys I am now on my 3rd set fortunately all under warranty also the spring loaded pivoting arm that one idler pulley is mounted on has been upgraded , much stronger than the old one
I prefer to do my own maintenance as it is cheaper and the manual is pretty instructive , download a copy of the parts manual that explains how the bits go together
Oz
Thanks Tracter, I took off the pto idler pulleys to replace the wire belt retainer, unfortunately the pulleys fell on the ground and now I am not sure which way they go back in,there is a difference in the sides where the bolt goes in, one side of the pulleys has a spigot sticking out father than the other,Does anyone have a picture of the gt 2550 pto idler pulley set up.

/ CUB CADET GT 2550 SPEED #4  
Thanks Tracter, I took off the pto idler pulleys to replace the wire belt retainer, unfortunately the pulleys fell on the ground and now I am not sure which way they go back in,there is a difference in the sides where the bolt goes in, one side of the pulleys has a spigot sticking out father than the other,Does anyone have a picture of the gt 2550 pto idler pulley set up.

Get onto the Cub site and download the parts manual it will show which way everything goes back together