should I buy a used LT1042?

/ should I buy a used LT1042? #1  

me77

Tractor
craftsman
There's a used Cub Cadet LT1042 42" deck with a 21 hp briggs and stratton for sale near me for $750. It has about 350 hours on it. Is it worth looking into?

/ should I buy a used LT1042? #2  
There's a used Cub Cadet LT1042 42" deck with a 21 hp briggs and stratton for sale near me for $750. It has about 350 hours on it. Is it worth looking into?

I didn't like mine.. I traded it off for a JD.

/ should I buy a used LT1042?
I didn't like mine.. I traded it off for a JD.

James, what would recommend? I can't get anything bigger than a 42" deck because of my fence.I was looking at the jd x330, but a couple people said the transmission was terrible (k46).

/ should I buy a used LT1042? #4  
James, what would recommend? I can't get anything bigger than a 42" deck because of my fence.I was looking at the jd x330, but a couple people said the transmission was terrible (k46).

They are. I don't have a recommendation. I love my JD Lt135. But it has the stupid no oil change transmission too. Works fine now. How long will it last? I have heard 300 hours tops. I have about 50 on mine. Still going strong. There is a big thread on here about how to rebuild them. and a lot of guys have put in drains and fill ports to be able to change the oil and make them last.

The JD is much more stable, is built mor rugged, and is a joy to use. If it had a long term tranny it would be great.

/ should I buy a used LT1042? #5  
I have a 2007 LT1042 with 295hrs on it..besides basic maintenance I've had zero issues...ZERO..the deck needing adjustment to cut even was the biggest issue to date....

/ should I buy a used LT1042? #6  

I'd suggest looking for a used Cub Cadet I1042. This is a zero turn lawn tractor with a 18 hp engiine andv42 inch deck. It has a left and a right rear differentials. Last made in early 2012.