Good deal? Or trouble?

/ Good deal? Or trouble? #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
Ran into this while searching for something else.
I have heard good & bad about MTD/Cub Cadet.
Mostly will be used for cutting grass on the rougher/taller side, like rough lawns.

TractorHouse.com | 1998 CUB CADET 735 For Sale

/ Good deal? Or trouble? #2  
I would want to drive it up a hill forward and reverse to ensure the HST is in good working order. Both, cold and at operating temps. I won't buy a used HST I can't test. I'd go mow their property...

/ Good deal? Or trouble? #3  
I think that model Cub was made by Yanmar for MTD. Rumor is that was one of the things that caused a riff between Yanmar and John Deere, Yanmar making equipment for Cub.

/ Good deal? Or trouble? #4  
I think that model Cub was made by Yanmar for MTD. Rumor is that was one of the things that caused a riff between Yanmar and John Deere, Yanmar making equipment for Cub.

JD pulled out from Yanmar before that. Yanmar got involved with CC only to continue an American market until their own branded tractor hit our shores after JD ended their production of their 50,70 and 90 series Yanmar built tractors. There is no "rift" between the companies as Yanmar still produces engines for JD to this day.