Cub Cadet 7360 will not into reverse

/ Cub Cadet 7360 will not into reverse #1  

tlary

Tractor
Cub Cadet 7360ss
99 Cub Cadet 7360ss will not go into reverse

It has been acting up for awhile, sometimes grinding a little and coming out of gear. Today it just wont go in reverse anymore. The cable is fine and the lever on the side of the case is fine. Is there a cover to the center part of the tranny that I can take off to access the inside or do I have to split the tractor apart to get inside it? I am hoping its something simple like spring and ball or a roll pin as most of the parts for the shuttle shift are no longer available. Has anyone done this before?? I've taken the rear tranny cover off and fixed my diff lock already. That was just a roll pin! I can't believe my tractor will be junk because a shift fork or whatever is broken and I cant get another one. What to do next? Thanks for any help or advice!

Last edited:
   / Cub Cadet 7360 will not into reverse
By the way, it's a 1999 Mitsubishi powered 7360ss.

It's hard to believe that no one has any advice on this.

/ Cub Cadet 7360 will not into reverse #4  
Hi TL-

The 7360 was a pretty rare bird, so not very many owners out there. My recommendation would be to pick up a service manual on eBay, I just did a quick search and found 2, also a parts manual available.
Good luck!

/ Cub Cadet 7360 will not into reverse #5  
I've got a 7000 Series Service Manual (actually says it's for 7360SS). There is NOT really much detail about any linkages. It does cover trans case disassembly/reassembly.

Hi TL-

The 7360 was a pretty rare bird, so not very many owners out there. My recommendation would be to pick up a service manual on eBay, I just did a quick search and found 2, also a parts manual available.
Good luck!

I have all the manuals and parts breakdown. We split the tractor (not fun) and I took the tranny to a tractor shop. They dismantled it and they believe the reverse synchronizer is bad. This part seems to be available though right now I can't find out which and how many pcs come in the "ring set". Most other parts in the tranny are no longer available. I don't know how much longer I dare to keep this tractor so I may fix it then sell it I guess.

/ Cub Cadet 7360 will not into reverse #7  
Hi Tlary. I just bought a 7360 and I'm having a lot of trouble with the shuttle not going into the forward position - sometimes yes and sometimes no. It is not the cable or the shuttle shift lever. I'm afraid I'll end up where you were. I wonder if your reverse problem was fixed and what it took. I'd love to talk to you about this job.....Also discovered the mfd is not locking in when the engage lever is pushed down. This is all bad news for this new owner! ..... Pete

Sorry for the delay, however my 7360 is back together and running. It was in fact the reverse synchronizer that was bad. It was not a fun job to do whatsoever!