CC 1250 non running condition with air filter on?

/ CC 1250 non running condition with air filter on? #1  

Paulcav

Tractor
cub cadet 1250 and a bobcat 610
Hey guys, this ones got me stumped I was running my 1250 cutting the lawn as usual and all the sudden the mower started sputtering and shut off, I thought I ran out of gas only to find I had 1/2 a tank. i restarted and it did the same thing. I saw excess gas dripping from the air cleaner side cover so i took off the air cleaner and saw the mouth of the carb was wet. I restarted the engine with the air cleaner off and it runs like a champ. what should I be looking for to fix this, since it happened so abruptly i think something must have broke or come loose etc. the air filter and pre filter are semi new and not clogged? any thoughts on what to look for before actually taking the carb off to rebuild, maybe it something I can fix on the mower with out taking it all apart? any help would be great.
paul

/ CC 1250 non running condition with air filter on?
allit took was a good cleaning of the carb 9took it off), no new parts. just carb cleaner and compressed air did the trick, it runs better than it ever has. i was in awe that just cleaning a carb could make it run better than it did prior.