RZT or Z-Force

/ RZT or Z-Force #11  
Hi Doc,

Don't think anyone with a few acres will have any regrets on a M50, and I won't say a thing against the M50 or ZForce (or for less than an acre of lawn [not yard] even the RZT) but M50 isn't the Tank you're thinking of.

The M50 has integrated drives and a stamped deck instead of the pump/wheel-motors and fab decks on the other Tanks. I hate when marketing people muddy the water (and I don't think CC is any worse or better than anyone else on that note); I really think this machine should have had it's own name, or perhaps "ZForce Pro" or "Estate Tank" or something, but like every other brand you find the characteristics necessary for your job [and the ones you just plain want] and you'll probably be happy. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ RZT or Z-Force #12  
One downfall I can see is that the RZT 50 has no seat springs. Just little rubber bumper pads. (Ouch!) I beleive that the Z-Force does. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ RZT or Z-Force #13  
Plus when the RZTs get Kohlers next year, the price difference will shrink some.

/ RZT or Z-Force #14  
who told you the RZT's are getting Kohlers?

/ RZT or Z-Force #15  
I heard it from 2 different local dealers and a guy at TSC.

/ RZT or Z-Force #16  
Thats a new one on me. It wouldn't suprise me a bit and it would be a welcome change, I just haven't heard that myself.

/ RZT or Z-Force #17  
If you really have the money, Look at the Cub Cadet Commercial. My dad bought a M60KAW, 60in with the Kawasaki engine, and he loves it. It has the fabricated deck, Pivoting front axle, and twin tanks. I have borrowed it several times when my Cub 1720 Hydro was out of service.. I love it, but it does not do well if you have a yard that is not level. He paid close to 8 grand for it, as a demo. I cant afford it, so I am looking at a LT 1050. Good luck, but for the money between the RZT and Z-Force, I would go with the Z-Force.. Looks alot like the commercial version, which is called the Tank..

/ RZT or Z-Force #18  
i'm am interested in buying a CC z-force. I have been told by a local small engine repair man that the thicker gadge deck the better. I have been unable to find what gadge the CC z-force 44 inch deck is other than that it is stamped steel. does anyone happen to know this? thanks,
jake

/ RZT or Z-Force #19  
I don't know how thick the Z-Force 48 or 50 deck is, but I do now know that it is HEAVY! I hit something and dulled my blades and pulled the deck out from under the Z-Force to remove and sharpen the blades. I have done it this way on my 2145 for years and it's a very easy and quick job to just pull the deck, turn it over and pull the blades, sharpen and balance them and stick them back on.

This turned out to be a MUCH different job on the Z-Force. That deck weighs probably three times as much as my 42" 2145 deck. It about killed me. The next time, I plan on just raising the mower and removing the blades with the deck left in place.

Also my 23HP Briggs is using oil. I changed it at 5.1 hours and it was down to the add mark on the dipstick in about 6 hours. I don't know if it will break in and get any better or not, but I sure hope so.

All that said, I still love the mower. It does a GREAT job in a fraction of the time it took with my 2145.

BTW, I did not know that the M-50 was not one of the tanks. You are correct about the marketing comments that being the case.

Have a great day,
Doc

/ RZT or Z-Force #20  
Earlier this year I searched and searched and even emailed CC looking for the deck thickness on the ZForce and it still somehow eludes me. I will say that design plays a major part and material quality a little as well when stamping metal. I'm betting that it's an 11gage, but from the little I could tell from visual and feel, it'll probably compete with most stamped decks.

On that note, after using a 7gage fab deck I'm convinced it will take insane abuse better; but I seen a stamped deck [early 90's CC GT] make over 10years and well over 1000hours hitting stumps, rocks, branches, gravel, 3ft grass...you get the idea; that deck was litterally shelled out, but kept going until the engine blew. The little "TSC special" I use around my house was built in the same era and the deck can't be over 13, maybe 12 gage; with 1/4 the use or abuse is much worse off than the CC when it blew up...does keep going though [uses way to much oil to blow up!].