RZT or Z-Force

/ RZT or Z-Force #1  

graft

I'm buying about 3 acres of land with a new house. I've been looking for a zero turn for awhile and I think the Cub Cadet seems to have the best bang for the buck. I would love to have a 60" deck, but money says stay around 50" +/-. With this said, what are the differnces between the RZT 22 and the Z-Force 48. RZT 22 is about $700-$800 cheaper with a larger deck. Just getting some input from some Cub Cadet owners to see if it is worth paying the extra money. I have a VERY flat piece of land, will be completely dozed up and leveled.

/ RZT or Z-Force #2  
The machines mentioned are "homeowner" models. Not really meant for larger properties and extended use.

If you can afford it, you should go with the "Tank" series. M48 or M54. 48 inch deck and 54 inch. Very heavely built, commercial spindles, fabricated deck, etc. No comparison.

I own a M60, great machine.

The Z-Force will be hard to get rid of if you decide you don't like it. The Tank series will sell in a flash.

/ RZT or Z-Force #4  
I have an rzt22 50'' deck and I mow 4 acres with it and my neighbor also uses it and mows around 5 acres. The machine works great and no problems at all with it. The tank is alot of hype the res. models hold up jusgt as well as long as one takes care of their equipment. No matter what you choose you will be happy with it, good luck with whatever you decide.

/ RZT or Z-Force #5  
Z-Force are much better built . . . if you are still considering the RZT I would look at Toro's instead. Stamped Frames on a ZTR are not your friend!

2 cylinders are always better than 1 . . . /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ RZT or Z-Force #6  
I just purchased the zforce50. A great machine, if I may say so. I sold my 48" Bobcat walker to buy the zforce. Lots of power and it cuts great as well. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
The zforce frame is a welded 2" steel frame. I was a bit skeptical of the stamped frame as well, but I've nothing but good things about the RZT.

/ RZT or Z-Force #7  
I am going this weekend to look at the Z Force 44 and Z Force 50. I only have a little over an acre. Should I swing the extra $500.00 to get the 50? Most of my ground is somewhat flat with just a few hills. I was considering a CC1554, but see where it would be slower on cutting time. I need something pretty fast with a nice cut and dependable for years to come. Does the Z Force have a nice stripping pattern cut to it? Any insight would be helpful!!

/ RZT or Z-Force #8  
hobbs,

I bought a Z-Force 48 last fall. In '05 they changed it to 50 but it is virtually the same machine. I also found the 44 attractive due to the dollar savings, but since I don't enjoy mowing, I paid extra so I could get done faster.

I have loved the machine and I get done in half the time that it took with my 42" CC 2145. Not because it is wider, but because it is a ZTR.

I do have one spot where it will not fit and I think the 44 would fit there, but overall I am very pleased with this machine.

I also mow an acre and I can do it in about 35 minutes with sharp blades. I dulled the blades last Saturday and it started leaving a few blades uncut at top speed. It is AMAZING how fast this mower will run and still cut the grass at that speed as long as the blades are sharp. The good thing is that the deck comes out very easily as it does on my old CC2145.

Great Machine IMHO!

Have a great day,
Doc

/ RZT or Z-Force #9  
MBDiagMan,

I ended up buying the M50 instead. I tried several dealers around my area, and no one had a Z-Force, and said it would be mostly 6-8 weeks!!! So, on Tuesday my dealer called me and said that a M50 was on the truck. I was a little apprehensive at first about the extra cost, but I bought it anyway. It was delivered to my house yesterday. I will try it out tomorrow most likely. I think I will be happy from some of the feedback that I have recieved in the last few days from other members. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ RZT or Z-Force #10  
hobbs,

The only downside to the tank is the extra cost. I expect that you'll love it and I fully expect that with just a little maintenance that it will give you many years of good service.

The main mechanical difference is that the tank uses much stouter industrial drives. For residential use the drives in the Z-Force are okay, but the drives in the tank are completely bullet proof.

Enjoy it and let us know how you like it.

Have a great day,
Doc