how much for used 2186?

/ how much for used 2186? #1  

Scratchnbell

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland 2001 TC40d
It is a 44in 18 horse power with 120 hours. I believe it to be a 2001 model year. It comes with the 3 bagger grass catcher and aerator/fertilizer. The guy in the paper has it listed for $2250 OBO.
Is this a good mower and what is a good price for this unit?
Thanks
Bob

/ how much for used 2186? #2  
Im not sure where you are located but i will be purchasing a brand new 2186 2004 model with a 20hp kohler and a 48" deck for $2700 this week. Local dealer got some at the end of the year and is trying to unload them. So I would look around for something similar instead of risking a used one for 500 or so dollars less. Plus they have 0% financing for 2 years and a full warranty. Just my 2c.

/ how much for used 2186?
thanks shelton.
What do you think a good price would be for the used one?
Bob

/ how much for used 2186? #4  
Already replied to this but it disappeared so if this is a repost im sorry. There is another post that tells about a recent purchase of a new 2138 CC for 2075 out the door. That option seems much better than spending more on a used one. That having been said I would not give more than 1700 for a used one that is about equal to the above mentioned unit.

/ how much for used 2186? #5  
While what Shelton said is true, I wouldn't sell yourself short. The GT2186 is a good mower and the MSRP is around $3400. The deal he is getting is really good and most dealers are not going to be selling them that cheap. The LT2138 for $2075 he mentioned is not as strong of a tractor. It is a single cylinder, 38" cut, has 20" rear tires and doesn't include the attachments.
120 hours isn't much and if it's had the scheduled maintenance taking care of than it's almost new. That is a good tractor and I've looked at the 2004 model to buy for myself. If he wants $2250 obo, I'd offer something considerable cheaper and work from there. But I don't think that price is to far off anyway.

Good luck.

/ how much for used 2186? #6  
I've been using my GT2186 since Aug 2004 to mow grass on some pretty rough ground. It's proven to be a tough machine. My only cpmplaint has to do with how easily the mower deck clogs, but I've gotten use to stopping every once in awhile to clear it. I've got about 155 hours on it and have changed fluids on schedule. I did upgrade to engine oil to synthetic at the first change.
I haven't been in the market for a replacement so I can't speak to pricing. I am glad I own it.
Good luck.