What Deere is comparable to a Cub 2500/3000 series

/ What Deere is comparable to a Cub 2500/3000 series #1  

Taiser

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B7800 with Loader and Backhoe, Cub Cadet 2160
Hey Gents...

I'm looking around for a used Cub but they are far and few in between. I started also looking for a used deere, but all the numbers seem to change from year to year and I can't find a website that just lists specification on machines over two years old.

I was looking at a Cub 2500/3000 series, anybody know a comparable deere series number. Need a similar tough frame, engine, attachment options, etc... I think a deere 345 is close but their must be more.

Any input would help. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks

Taiser

/ What Deere is comparable to a Cub 2500/3000 series #2  
The cadet line does use a driveshaft on many models as the 2000 series and there really is no comparable to those with deere or other makes. The 3000 series is the equivelent to the 300 jd series.

/ What Deere is comparable to a Cub 2500/3000 series #3  
I don't know specific numbers to tell you but I can say that whatever JD compares to the Cubs will cost twice as much! Like Art said it is kind of hard to compare because of different options that either one brand does or doesn't offer. The 345 is probably a pretty close comparison.

/ What Deere is comparable to a Cub 2500/3000 series #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I don't know specific numbers to tell you but I can say that whatever JD compares to the Cubs will cost twice as much! Like Art said it is kind of hard to compare because of different options that either one brand does or doesn't offer. The 345 is probably a pretty close comparison. )</font>

Yeah but the Gx345 has a watercooled engine which I always favor over an air cooled, but that would be the only advantage it has over the 3000 series IMO. Especially the price they ask for it, you could be close in the price range of the Cub 5000 series (even 4wd & watercooled)...the website of both Deere and Cup have somewhat accurate comparisons..

Ducati

/ What Deere is comparable to a Cub 2500/3000 series #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Yeah but the Gx345 has a watercooled engine which I always favor over an air cooled, but that would be the only advantage it has over the 3000 series IMO. Especially the price they ask for it, you could be close in the price range of the Cub 5000 series (even 4wd & watercooled)...the website of both Deere and Cup have somewhat accurate comparisons..)</font>

Duc, I just looked at a JD brochure I had laying around and your right about the water cooled engine. Maybe a GX255 or a GX335 would be more comparable.

/ What Deere is comparable to a Cub 2500/3000 series #6  
Like someone said keep in mind the shaft drive and servicable trans. when looking. Deere your paying a lot for green paint.

/ What Deere is comparable to a Cub 2500/3000 series #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Like someone said keep in mind the shaft drive and servicable trans. when looking. Deere your paying a lot for green paint. )</font>

I couldn't agree any more. IMO there isn't any other GTs out there that I could justify buying over a Cub Cadet. Nobody else offers the features and quality of CC anywhere near their price range.

/ What Deere is comparable to a Cub 2500/3000 series #8  
Its not like the Gx345 is any more capable than the 3000 series, and I suspect its not because of less weight, lacking driveshaft drive and drive shaft attachments, and chassis strength. It would be nice to see a watercooled engine option in the 3000 series again (not offered these days). Otherwise for the price of a Gx345 (48C-$7,379.00 54"-$7,569.00)
I would be looking at Cubs 5000 series instead IMO

Ducati

/ What Deere is comparable to a Cub 2500/3000 series #9  
ducati996 said:
Its not like the Gx345 is any more capable than the 3000 series, and I suspect its not because of less weight, lacking driveshaft drive and drive shaft attachments, and chassis strength. It would be nice to see a watercooled engine option in the 3000 series again (not offered these days). Otherwise for the price of a Gx345 (48C-$7,379.00 54"-$7,569.00)
I would be looking at Cubs 5000 series instead IMO

Ducati
What Kuboda models do the 5000 series CC compare with?