CUBS

/ CUBS #1  

machinery

Tractor
steiner 430 exmark
1981 AND NEWER CUBS ARE WEAK!! I WISH THEY WERE ABLE TO RISE TO THE OCCASION. PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU WISH TO PURCHASE A NICE 1782.

DAN B 2500.00

/ CUBS #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( 1981 AND NEWER CUBS ARE WEAK!!)</font>

Please explain. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ CUBS #3  
I really think its sad that you are dismissing the whole Cub brand because you had one bad experience in which you don't even know the history behind your unit. I can assure you that not all Cubs are weak and its not smart to make blanket statements like that.

Every manufacturer has machines that fail, that doesn't mean all their machines are junk and to think so is foolish.

/ CUBS #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( 1981 AND NEWER CUBS ARE WEAK!! I WISH THEY WERE ABLE TO RISE TO THE OCCASION. PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU WISH TO PURCHASE A NICE 1782.

DAN B 2500.00 )</font>

This is getting old somewhat, you start a new thread but never answer anybodys question.

Enjoy the 430....hope it dont break /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ CUBS #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( 1981 AND NEWER CUBS ARE WEAK!! I WISH THEY WERE ABLE TO RISE TO THE OCCASION. PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU WISH TO PURCHASE A NICE 1782.

DAN B 2500.00 )</font>

This is getting old somewhat, you start a new thread but never answer anybodys question.

Enjoy the 430....hope it dont break /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif )</font>

Duc, when his 13 to 21 year old JD 430 does break down John Deere should just close up shop and go out of business because they make weak tractors...LOL /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ CUBS #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I really think its sad that you are dismissing the whole Cub brand because you had one bad experience in which you don't even know the history behind your unit. I can assure you that not all Cubs are weak and its not smart to make blanket statements like that.

Every manufacturer has machines that fail, that doesn't mean all their machines are junk and to think so is foolish.)</font>

Thank you! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ CUBS #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My Cub isn't weak. It's rather strong. )</font>

Thank you too! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ CUBS #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( This is getting old somewhat, you start a new thread but never answer anybodys question.

Enjoy the 430....hope it dont break /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif )</font>

Some people are never happy Duc. I'd love to see a reply to my original question to him.

/ CUBS #10  
machinery . . . I tend to think that posts like the one that you started this thread with are best ignored, but as I am replying I can't even follow my own advice. I did look at your user profile and it appears that you have 5 acres and an old Cub Cadet. In reading some of your other posts in other threads, it also appears that your Cub is in need of some serious repairs (you even said so yourself).

First, I would think that 5 acres of mowing & snow plowing (again gleaned from some of your other posts) is going to take a serious toll on ANY brand garden tractor. And the fact that your tractor is over a decade old, it strikes me that it has probably been beaten to death doing tasks that are large for its very small size. Seems to me you need to upgrade your tractor to somethine that is diesel and at least a Sub-CUT in size but probably going up to a small frame CUT would even be better. I suspect you will not be happy with the long term performance of any garden tractor of any brand.

And by the way, my Cub 1862 is still going strong and it is 12+ years old. It has never needed any repair that was not a result of user abuse (like when the lovely Mrs_Bob hit the house). It has mowed a couple acres every week in the summers for more than a decade and then blows snow all winter. So I would rate the Cubs as extremely reliable & capable.