Cub Cadet Garden Tractor!! Which one????

/ Cub Cadet Garden Tractor!! Which one???? #1  

YaleVahere

Hi all,
First timer here. I've been looking at Garden tractors for the last little bit and I'm not sure what to do. I started out at Lowes and was looking at the Husqvarna GT. While I was there I saw the SLT1554 by Cub Cadet. I like the way it looked and got online to check it out. Thats when I saw they had a GT1554 for a Hundred more than the Husqvarna. I thougt CC would be out of my price range. I went to a CC dealer and he said he would sell it to me for the same price of the Husqvarna($2,699). Problem solved, Right? No, My wife was with me and said she liked the one setting in front of the GT1554. Its a 2554GT (Driveshaft instead of a belt) and Yes I liked it too. Dealer said he would sell it for $3850. Here's the question. I'll be mowing a little less than 2acres and have a small garden that I would like to use a plow and cultivator with the tractor and a box blade for my driveway ( a 150' or so long). Is it worth the extra $1150 to move up to the 2554? I would appreciate any advice. thanks

/ Cub Cadet Garden Tractor!! Which one???? #2  
If you are going to be doing anything besides cutting grass then you should moving into the 2000 series. Shaft drive makes all the difference in the world.

/ Cub Cadet Garden Tractor!! Which one???? #3  
I really like the CC 2500 series. You get a lot of tractor for the money. I would recommend the 2000 series or above since they are shaft driven and have the heavy duty transmission. If you are not set on the 54" deck, you might look at the 2544 or the 2550. They are all the same tractors with only deck size and HP being different. The MSRP for the 2544 is $2999. The 2554 is $3999. If the 10" of cut and 3 HP isn't that much concern you could save a grand and still have an awesome GT. If you haven't already, go to Cubcadet.com and do some comparing.

/ Cub Cadet Garden Tractor!! Which one???? #4  
See if your wife will go for the 3000 series. She might like it even more. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Cub Cadet Garden Tractor!! Which one????
Thanks Gamble77 and DmansPadge, You gave the answer I was expecting. I guess I wanted someone who really knows about these things to verify it for me. I really appreciate it.

DmansPadge, I looked on the net at the 2550and 2544, Dealer only had 2554 in stock. said he could order one for me.

Viking77, thank you too. I bout crapped myself when the little woman said she liked the more expensive one better. What sold her was the coaster wheels on the mower deck. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif