cub cadet 1440 garden tractor tranny question

/ cub cadet 1440 garden tractor tranny question #1  

JohnnyDark

Bronze Member
Tractor
Farmtrac 535
what type "over the counter fluid" do you run in the hydrostatic tranny? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ cub cadet 1440 garden tractor tranny question #2  
Hey Johnny, I use Cub Cadet "Drive System Fluid Plus Synthetic Blend" in my Cub 5234D. Part number 737-3120 in the quart size.

By the way, how is your new Farm Trac? That's a great looking tractor.

/ cub cadet 1440 garden tractor tranny question
it is fantastic. moved some hay around the other evening. i had borrowed a friends bobcat to do a few things and was i ever happy to take it back. after moving hay and trying to level the drive with it, the farm trac feels like a caddy. still too wet to get on with the list of farm improvements i have in mind, but i still would have to say, no wish i had of done this. best choice for me.

/ cub cadet 1440 garden tractor tranny question #4  
Congrats on the purchase! And no sooner did you buy yours a gentleman came in two days later and purchased the exact same setup! Glad to hear yours is meeting your expectations.

Anyway, Viking is right about the trans fluid. Its expensive but its what Cub "calls for".

/ cub cadet 1440 garden tractor tranny question #5  
The Cub fluid my be a little more expensive than Tractor Supply Co. or Walmart stuff but if there is a problem the owner has covered his bases if it is a warranty item. There won't be any misunderstandings or issues about fluid brands and quality. Heck, I even use the Cub Cadet branded grease I buy from my dealer to do all the grease fittings,Cub motor oil and oil filter from the dealer. Maybe that's a little ridiculous but there won't be any questions about what grease I used on the tractor or what oil I used in the engine.

/ cub cadet 1440 garden tractor tranny question #6  
I been using regular hydraulic tractor fluid for 15 years now in my 1450 cub..I don't think there would be any "warranty "issues the thing is over 30 years old. : /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ cub cadet 1440 garden tractor tranny question #7  
I'm doing everything by the book so there are no issues if a problem crops up. Especially during the warranty period. Maybe after that I will consider using other high quality brands for motor oil, oil filters, grease...etc

/ cub cadet 1440 garden tractor tranny question #8  
HOw do I get a diagram showing me how to replace the mower deck belt.