cub VS. Husqvarna

/ cub VS. Husqvarna #1  

daja

I am looking to but a lawn tractor. Considering Cub Cadet 1046/1050 or the Husqvarna of simalar spec.
Any thoughts? any others to consider? I have ruled out the Deere as they are more money and I can't see any quality difference.

/ cub VS. Husqvarna #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have ruled out the Deere as they are more money and I can't see any quality difference. )</font>

I do not know the specific Deere model, but when helping one of my workers compare, there was a significant difference in quality. As was there a huge difference in the reported reliability from all available resources. I don't own a small lawn tractor, or even a Deere product currently, but if the price isn't just huge, were I you, I'd look again.

/ cub VS. Husqvarna #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( I have ruled out the Deere as they are more money and I can't see any quality difference. )</font>
)</font>
I do not know the specific Deere model, but when helping one of my workers compare, there was a significant difference in quality. As was there a huge difference in the reported reliability from all available resources. I don't own a small lawn tractor, or even a Deere product currently, but if the price isn't just huge, were I you, I'd look again. )</font>

Difference in quality which way? Are you saying a Deere is higher quality than a comparable Cub? I always wanted a Deere until I actuall looked at them. The belt drive versus shaft drive was the immediate deciding factor for me. I'm on my second Cub (3235) The first (1450) only lasted 26 years before I got tired of it and traded it in. I got $400 trade-in allowance for it.

Bob B.

/ cub VS. Husqvarna #4  
The electrolux/AYP made husqvarna's (same as sears) are fine machines, but in my opinion, the cub 1000 series are a better LT for the money. 1) Cub has foot controlled hydrostatic transaxle. 2) Cub has a transaxle that you can drain/fill 3) Better quality deck, deck hardware, and easy to remove & reinstall the deck 4) Steering components appear stronger on the cub. 5) The cub has a better warranty & dealer network.
G/luck
Joel

/ cub VS. Husqvarna #5  
I'm with JTKub. Husqvarna are basically Craftsman with a different color. I'm not knocking them... I've had great luck with Craftsman in the past. But I think Cub offers a better machine for a comparable price. I'd go with a CC.

/ cub VS. Husqvarna
that is what i thought as well but i just wanted to get other opinions. when you get down to it the facts and spec's speak for them selves. Long lasting and reliability is what may be gray. Deere is a good tractor but most of the preceived quality advantage is just that, preceived due to good marketing. No disrespect ot JD owners as tractors at this level are just personal preference.