What's a Cub Cadet Preferred Retailer?

/ What's a Cub Cadet Preferred Retailer? #1  

mike_wa

What\'s a Cub Cadet Preferred Retailer?

What is this supposed to mean or infere exactly? What does it take for a dealer to get that title? Does Cub Cadet have a definition for this, if so, where can I find it?

Thanks,
Mike

/ What's a Cub Cadet Preferred Retailer? #2  
Re: What\'s a Cub Cadet Preferred Retailer?

I've also wondered what the 'perferred retailer' icon meant if you do a dealer search from the CC website. Betcha if you call & ask any CC dealer they'll tell you they are all preferred! This would probably take an email or call to CC to find out.
G/luck
Joel

/ What's a Cub Cadet Preferred Retailer? #3  

The only difference is one is just a retailer(meaning they just sell the units). The other means they also sell and service. (Factory preferred Sales and Service).

So, some just sell the units... the others sell and service!

You are better off buying from a Cub Cadet dealer if you wish to receive top-notch service right a way!

Dont get me wrong, buying from Lowes and TSC is great but you have to contact them first for service issues. Then you are setup with a servicing dealer.

If you purchase from a local CUb Cadet dealer you are better off. The dealer won't turn you away cause you are "his" customer and not Lowes or Tsc.

We don't like that dealers do this... because a Cub is a Cub no matter where you buy it.

But our dealers are privately owned and operated.. they do as they please.

This isn't just with Cub Cadet dealers either,.. All dealers do this.. Deere, Kubota, etc... they think that only dealing with their customers they will get somewhere.

But dont get me started on the dealers. hahaha

They do a wonderful job...

/ What's a Cub Cadet Preferred Retailer?

Well, so far I am not all that impressed with one of your Preferred Retailers. I have received better customer service from my local equipment rental place who ordered me a new set of blades than the Cub Preferred Retailer whom I spent nearly $4,000.00 on the tractor from. I will not do business with this dealership again I can tell you that.

Mike

/ What's a Cub Cadet Preferred Retailer? #5  

Well please let me apologize for your inconvenience.

You are free to goto a different dealer.

Also, you can search the internet and find dealers who sell parts online.

Cub_Tech1,

Yes, I realize I can go to another dealer. Unfortunately, since I purchased a used Cub 3235 from this particular one I am stuck with them until I get the parts they promised me. It has been nearly a month, and I still have not received the manuals, blades, clevis pins and the mower deck spindle covers. Though I doubt I will ever see the spindle covers. There is more to this story, one which is currently at close to three pages long and will be sent to Cub Cadet offices in Cleveland, Ohio.

Mike

/ What's a Cub Cadet Preferred Retailer? #7  

WEll, I work in the Cleveland office and again I apologize for your inconvenience.

PM your information and the 3 page letter you have.

Be sure to include dealer info & #

PM me your name and address and part numbers of what you have ordered.

/ What's a Cub Cadet Preferred Retailer? #8  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ...It has been nearly a month, and I still have not received the manuals, blades, clevis pins and the mower deck spindle covers. Though I doubt I will ever see the spindle covers. There is more to this story, one which is currently at close to three pages long and will be sent to Cub Cadet offices in Cleveland, Ohio.

Mike )</font>

Mike, did this machine have all these items when you agreed to purchase it?

G/luck
Joel

Cub_Tech1,

I am waiting until May 17, that will be exactly one one month from date of purchase. Depending on what parts I receive (if anything) will determine part of what I write. So far it is only a draft. When it is finished, I will be sending it snail mail to Cub. However, thanks for your willingness to get involved.

JTKub,

It had (probably original blades) no clevis pins (just bolts for the deck wheels), no manuals and no spindle covers. New blades, clevis pins, manuals and spindle covers (pulley belt guards on top of deck) were promised as a part of the purchase. I called two weeks after the purchase and was told another week. They seemed somewhat put-out by it all when I did call. Not sure if I will call them back or simply wait and finish up my letter and then send it to Cub offices in Ohio next week.

Again, there is more to the story than just these parts.

Mike

/ What's a Cub Cadet Preferred Retailer? #10  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( .... New blades, clevis pins, manuals and spindle covers (pulley belt guards on top of deck) were promised as a part of the purchase... )</font>

Mike, the reason I asked was I've been down that road before with a verbal promise. In my case, it was associated with a used car purchase thru a new car dealer, but verbal promises always seem to get forgotten. Hope it works out for you. Get things like that in writting next time. A CC 3K series certainly is not a small investment!
G/luck
Joel