1020 Won't Start

/ 1020 Won't Start #1  

cubshopper

1020 Won\'t Start

The battery is fully charged, starter ok(brand new), and ignition does make an attempt to turn(clicks) It does not really crank over but it tries. Troubleshooting advice would be nice. Thank you

/ 1020 Won't Start #2  
Re: 1020 Won\'t Start

With all the safety switches..make sure there working..I remember a safety switch on the brake pedal,a no start switch on the blade,(blade must be in off position)I don't remember if the seat switch will prevent start or prevent blade engagment? let us know /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ 1020 Won't Start #3  

Try turning the motor over by hand and see if it will in fact turn over a complete revolution.

/ 1020 Won't Start

Do the safety switches have to be removed to be checked? The one under the seat(must be seated to start & mow) is the only one that i'm familar with as far as exact location. Can an ohm meter check this while they are attached? I'm a first time homeowner and just starting to learn the basics...sorry that this stuff is so elementary!

/ 1020 Won't Start #5  

You should be able to check the switchs without removing them. Just make sure that they are in the closed position. But first, I would make sure you can turn that motor over by hand before you go any further.