fuse problem on cub cadet 2550

/ fuse problem on cub cadet 2550 #1  

telecub

I am new here, just bought a 2005 cub cadet 2550. I am having a heck of a time with the 25 amp fuse blowing. I have replaced it 12 times already and it keeps blowing, sometimes right after I install a new one. Any suggestions would be great.

/ fuse problem on cub cadet 2550 #2  
I would have got tired after the first one...you have a short somewhere, and I think your dealer should find it for you...

Electrical problems can be the most difficult to find...

Duc

/ fuse problem on cub cadet 2550 #3  
Agree with Ducati. But, the first place I would check is the wiring going to the lights on the right side (I think). It comes WAY too close to the muffler and the insulation WILL melt.

BTW - I have a question posted to the Cub Customer service website on this. Am anxiously waiting for a reply! Im my opinion this should be a recall type issue.

Ed

/ fuse problem on cub cadet 2550 #4  
what does the fuse control?Lights, starter?,charging?

/ fuse problem on cub cadet 2550
Well sure enough, by the front headlight down by the exhaust, the wire is burnt through. Do I need a new wiring harness? You would think that this would have been addressed by Cub Cadet.

/ fuse problem on cub cadet 2550 #6  
Like Ed says, some of the wiring has routing issues on the 2500 series, and has to be addressed as insulation will melt near hot spots on the engine and exhaust (headlights, main wire loom, etc..). I'm with Duc, send her back to the dealer. That's unacceptable having problems like this on a brand-new GT.
G/luck
Joel

/ fuse problem on cub cadet 2550
I am taking it in tomorrow. I am extremely frustrated with Cub Cadet. I stardet with a RZT 44 that kept throwing the drive belt. Then went to a SLT 1554 that overheated. Now this, I was told that the 2500 series were great. I have 2 acres and a couple of hills. First day mowing with the 2550 was great. Today sucked. Thank the good Lord for a warranty. Has anyone else had this kind of trouble with Cubs?

/ fuse problem on cub cadet 2550 #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Has anyone else had this kind of trouble with Cubs? )</font>

Thankfully No.....

/ fuse problem on cub cadet 2550 #9  
Go back about 3 pages and read my post dated 5/16/05. These so far have been the fuse blower in my case. Also take a look at the front right headlight where the bulb plugs in. Mine has been distorted from excess heat from the cross exhaust pipe. I fabricated and added a 10"x2" double stack heat shield to stop that problem. Haven't had anymore probems since. Jerry

/ fuse problem on cub cadet 2550 #10  
I have the same problem with my Cub 2550! I will check the wiring tomorrow