Snow Snow Blower Attachment on Tractor?

/ Snow Blower Attachment on Tractor? #1  

NhcoastalJ

Tractor
Kubota BX22
I am looking to purchase a brand new CC looking at either the 3 or the high 2 series.
Does anyone have any experience with operating a front mounted snowblower and some of the tricks to not getting stuck/loosing traction. A lot of people I have talked to have said NOT to get a snowblower on the front cause they don't work well at all. Would I be better off getting a seperate unit?
I have @2 acres and a 100' driveway with a good rise in elevation.
Thanks

/ Snow Blower Attachment on Tractor? #2  
The 2042 and up will handle a snowblower kit. Weights and tire chains is all the extra's you'd need. For some applications aggressive/AG tread rear tires will work instead of chains. We had blowers for years on our JD 110 and JD GT262 for our 250' ft crushed stone driveway (Buffalo winters). They worked well. For 100' drive, you might want to consider a quailty walk behind & skip the attachment (honda,simplicity,toro,ariens,MTD's,sears).
G/luck
Joel

/ Snow Blower Attachment on Tractor? #3  
I bought a used Cub blower three years ago. It's the 45" 450 series intended for the last generation Cubs like the 1862 I owned.
The good news;
It throws the snow a mile.
With wheel weights and chains it will go through anything.
You have no piles/walls of snow left by repeated plowing of snows.
It removes snow fast, one pass.
It's fun to operate, OK, maybe that's just me!
The bad new;
They are expensive.
They are a bit tough to install, maybe easier on the 2000/3000 series.
You'll probably have one or two really wet snows in a seoson that they are ineffective on.

I bought a new 5252 this summer, when the dust clears that blower costs about $3000. I won't pay that but hope to eventually find one on EBAY or elsewhere. I still have the 450 for my trusty old 1872 so I'll probably buy a back blade for the 5252 as a backup.

One last thing, my driveway is 275 feet and concrete, I had to beef up the shoes for better wear. I don't know how well the blower would work on gravel.

Here's a picture of the blower in action...
Curt

Attachments

• 672419-Snowtool2.jpg
    672419-Snowtool2.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 1,108
   / Snow Blower Attachment on Tractor? #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am looking to purchase a brand new CC looking at either the 3 or the high 2 series.
Does anyone have any experience with operating a front mounted snowblower and some of the tricks to not getting stuck/loosing traction. A lot of people I have talked to have said NOT to get a snowblower on the front cause they don't work well at all. Would I be better off getting a seperate unit?
I have @2 acres and a 100' driveway with a good rise in elevation.
Thanks )</font>

Its always good to talk about snow when the weather gets hot...I have a 3204 with the front blower, long story short it works excellent. Havent had a snow storm bother it or slow it down...I have pictures somewhere on this board /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
The folks you have been listening to so far - dont listen to them, they dont know what they are talking about /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Duc

/ Snow Blower Attachment on Tractor? #5  
Nhcoastal,

"...The folks you have been listening to so far - dont listen to them, they dont know what they are talking about..."

Ducati is 100% right. I had a little 2135 with the model 341 blower kit. The dealer BEGGED me not to put the blower on the machine.
Yes, It is a pain in the behind to install. But once on, it threw snow 40 feet with no problem whatsoever. My driveway is only 70' long, but 2 cars wide and a 12% uphill grade toward the street (house in downhill from street). To clear my driveway, I'd start in the garage and work out, uphill all the way. In as much as 18'' of snow, the machine never had a problem. I had rear wheel weights and a "homemade" rear counterweight (a milk carton crate which hung from the rear bagger bracket, filled with 2 concrete cinder blocks).

Probably the best investment I ever made. I say go for it.

Good luck! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Snow Blower Attachment on Tractor? #6  
I found the pictures showing how the 3000 series struggles with deep snow (joke /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif...its one of the quickest attachments to set up. After the quick hitch (hydrolic) is bolted on ( a few minutes), you literally drive up to the blower, and it auto aligns itself, and the pins lock into place. Attach the shaft drive for the blower, and you are done...it heaves the snow up to 70 plus feet....

Cub3204 with Blower

Cub3204 with Blower #2

Its really struggling now !!

Duc

/ Snow Blower Attachment on Tractor? #7  
Up until this year I had an 1811 with a 45" blower. It worked extremely well in all conditions - dry snow or wet. Prior to that setup I had a blade and the blower is so much better. I just recently bought a 3205 with a blade but have a blower ordered and will use that. The attachment for the 3000 series is very simple as stated above. I always had chains and weights and had no problems. The blower is the only way to go.

/ Snow Blower Attachment on Tractor? #8  
I have a 2176 cub with a 341 snowthrower attachment. It has worked just fine up until this year.
When it worked it threw the snow 20 to 30 ft and did a great job.
This yr however it blows a little snow but mostely pushes it like a blade. The auger are all working and the throw unit is working so I do not know whats going on.
I would however suggest going ahead with the snow thrower its great when its working. I and 68 yrs old and really need one, NOT A WALK BEHIND/.

/ Snow Blower Attachment on Tractor? #9  
I have a 2176 cub with a 341 snowthrower attachment. It has worked just fine up until this year.
When it worked it threw the snow 20 to 30 ft and did a great job.
This yr however it blows a little snow but mostely pushes it like a blade. The auger are all working and the throw unit is working so I do not know whats going on.
I would however suggest going ahead with the snow thrower its great when its working. I and 68 yrs old and really need one, NOT A WALK BEHIND/.

Great advice but 7 years late! :D:laughing:

/ Snow Blower Attachment on Tractor? #10  
Sorry about that !!!!
I am new at this just started today and am really trying to figure it out. Sorry to have bothered you.