Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #101  
Hi Lonnie,
I think you'll find better luck on a utility/quad site. Or at the least starting a new tread.:confused3:
Good luck

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #102  
Sorry to jump in the middle of a different subject. But a lady needs help sometimes.
My mother has a cub cadet 4 x 4 Volunteer We are getting an service code of CH6, can anyone tell me what that code means or how to prevent it from flashing.

You are not going to get an answer to your question by posting a question totally unrelated to this series of questions in this forum "thread".

I don't mean to be rude to you, but that is the protocol on all online forums, not just this one.

please go to: Cub Cadet Yanmar & CUTs
THen click on the gray "+ Post New Thread" button near the bottom of the page on the left hand side of your screen (you'll need to pan-down to see it).

Then pick a Subject line that is reflective of your question. For example "What is CH6 service code on a CC Volunteer?"

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #103  
Just wanted to give everyone an update.
I've been going on 2 yrs now with using rotella t6 full synthetic in my cub cadet 6284 hydraulic and transmission system without any issues. YMMV.

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #104  
I just purcjased a 7360 and need to fix a few hydro leaks. I am not sure what fluid is the best choice. As I fix leaks and new ones appear, I will be going through a bunch of fluid. Not sure if capacity yet or how to check level.

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #105  
Not sure of capacity yet or how to check level.

45 quarts, about 11 gallons.

20171012_141202.jpg

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #106  
Just wanted to give everyone an update.
I've been going on 2 yrs now with using rotella t6 full synthetic in my cub cadet 6284 hydraulic and transmission system without any issues. YMMV.
Isnt a motor oil? ...or is rotella using "T6 full synth" as a program name making hydro and motor oils under same banner?

My tech data lists several hydraulic fluids and all say "General hydraulic fluid". My guess is that any fluid will do the trick. Keeping a clean filter and fluid from leaking is the trick. Just over $300 in fluid and filter expense to service the system.

Need to find a good source for hydro filters. Maybe group buy?

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #107  
I haven't been on this site for a while, but I've been using Mobil1 15w-50 for about ten years now with absolutely ZERO problems. I've used it in both my 3184 and my GT3235. Every few years I spin then filter and top it off.

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #108  
I run hydraulic oil in mine that is spec'd as hy-tran for years and it works fine. I have a 99 7360. This is all you need, nothing fancy needed.