Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #31  
Read your owners manual.

Failures due to use of improper fluid are not covered by warranty.

Hydro-Gear warrantys the transmission. They require the use of the Drive System Fluid. If you use any other type of fluid and a failure occurs, it will be your responsibility to repair the transmission.

Hydro Gear does not accept the use of any other types of fluid while under warranty.

Cub Cadet is not going to give you free drive system fluid because you don't want to pay to maintain your tractor.

Plus, you don't have to change the fluid except for every 400+ hours of use, unless your operating in a dusty area.

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil
Do you believe everything that you read?
I am not disputing what is said in the manual and the warranty.
You want to be a good boy go ahead pay up, its your money. I am not into scewing the user with rediculous prices, thats all.
And sorry, I do maintain my tranny, I just don't want pay unfair prices because cub cadet wants me to.

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #33  
Lazy1- I'm not sure where you are getting HG warrants the transaxle. HG has absolutely nothing to do with the 2yr residential warranty, it's all CC.
Right out of the GT 2544 Ops manual, Lubrication Table, Pg.51

"Cub Cadet Drive System Fluid Plus is specially formulated for this application. If any other oil is used Cub Cadet will not be responsible for substandard perfomance. Failures due to use of improper fluid are not covered by warranty. For maximum protection, use Cub Cadet Drive System Fluid Plus."

Bottom line: Using an aftermarket oil WILL NOT VOID YOUR WARRANTY! If the transaxle fails under warranty & CC can prove it was due to an a/m oil, it's on your dime.

G/luck
Joel

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #34  
Not to change the subject, but where in the 2544 owners manual does it state how often the oil is to be changed?

Changed the filter tonight, but not the oil. Topped it off from the one quart of oil that I purchased.

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #35  
Where am I getting that HG warrants the transaxles?

HG manufactures the Transmissions and the warranty is processed through Cub Cadet Warranty Dept.

The transmissions/transaxles are removed and sent back to Hydro-Gear for inspection. If hydro-gear finds out that you used a cheap fluid...guess what? They will reverse the warranty and the dealer will be charged..in turn you will be charged.

You can use whatever fluid you like. But once that transmission fails and your dealer finds out that you used something cheap.. you can kiss your warranty goodbye.

For warranty coverage..you have to use Cub Cadet Drive System fluid.

CC, states to use their oil. Use it till the warranty is up. Then you are free to do as you like.

Change your fluid every 400+ hours. Less if you are operating the unit in a dusty area. Periodically check the fluid to make sure it isn't dirty or contaimenated.

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #36  
Lazy1 or "Cub_Tech1" or what ever name you are calling yourself these days. LOL

Have you always had this chip on your shoulder? You do nothing but cut people down and argue with them.

Again I feel sorry for CC having you as a rep for them. Sheese

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #37  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( For warranty coverage..you have to use Cub Cadet Drive System fluid.

CC, states to use their oil. Use it till the warranty is up. Then you are free to do as you like.
)</font>

Doesn't Magnuson-Moss state that if you HAVE to use dealer OEM parts to maintain coverage of your warranty that the dealer/OEM must supply those parts free of charge during the warranty period?

It's no different than Ford saying you HAVE to use a Motorcraft filter on your new vehicle otherwise the warranty is void. Ford would then have to supply that filter free during the warranty period. Due to Magnuson-Moss, I can go to NAPA and buy a replacement filter for the proper application and Ford can't do anything about it.

Chris - new member/owner
2544, 3.5 hrs.

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #38  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Doesn't Magnuson-Moss state that if you HAVE to use dealer OEM parts to maintain coverage of your warranty that the dealer/OEM must supply those parts free of charge during the warranty period?)</font>

Yes. That is it in a nutshell Chris. An OEM cannot force you to use only OEM parts, lubes or accessories for the purpose of keeping your warranty active. An OEM can however, void your warranty if they can prove a non-OEM (aftermarket) part, lube or accessory was the cause of a failure.

I have no problems using the OEM oil, it's just rediculous to tell someone there is only ONE oil on the planet you can use in these transaxles. That's the part that doesn't cut it for me.

G/luck
Joel

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #39  
This is why I will not buy another CC. I still believe that my 7360 will outperform it's blue, green, and orange equivalents. It has met or exceeded all that I've asked of it. However, each of the other mfgr's release the information in order to cross reference filters etc. CC does not. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif My hydraulic filter is $85, when all the other colors are less than half that. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif In my case they blame it on Mitsubishi. That's bull!

Never another Cub. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #40  
I dont have a chip on my shoulder. Im just here to explain it to you guys.

Try to save you guys some time and trouble. But you guys want to argue about it. You can't argue with a manufacturer or a written warranty statement.

I apologize if you interpreted my posts that way.

BUt no manufacturer is going to give you a recommended fluid because you choose not to pay for it.

I stated before you are free to use what you like. However, if a problem occurs and the dealer or manufacturer finds out you used a cheap fluid that caused the problem, you will be responsible.

I was just trying to save you guys the hassle and trouble.

Use the recommended fluid until the factory warranty is up, then you are free to use what you like.

Now I know why I left this board before. This will be my last post. I came here to help customers and give direct information.

I apologize if I step on anyones toes.

Good day.