Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #41  
I've had a CC 782 hydrostatic for 25 years or so. I've changed the fluid twice with regulation CC fluid. No problems. I don't think there is any reason to go to anything else.

Mike
Winchester VA

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #42  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ..Now I know why I left this board before. This will be my last post. I came here to help customers and give direct information.

I apologize if I step on anyones toes.

Good day.

)</font>

Lazy1- It's your decision if you want to bail out or not, but don't do it on account of this thread. We just wanted to know of an aftermarket alternative to CC Drive System Fluid Plus. You don't know if one. No big deal man! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
G/luck
Joel

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #43  
as far as i see it if the oil meets or excedes cc spec.they have noting to say /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #44  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I've had a CC 782 hydrostatic for 25 years or so. I've changed the fluid twice with regulation CC fluid. No problems. I don't think there is any reason to go to anything else.
)</font>

I agree, to a point, but..... The fluid in question is $32 a gallon and some of these machines need 5 gallons when serviced.

When I posed this same question earlier it was suggested I should have bought a Murray at Walmart, what, you don't see the connection?

This is, at times, a very disturbing aspect of this board, that you pose a question and put on your flak jacket.

Some people feel compelled to attack those that don't see their point of view. Part of the problem is some folks just have no tact. Or maybe they have just never encountered a dissenting opinion.

Whatever, when I see someone getting flamed over a honest inquiry or they are just trying to help someone else, I try to remember it's probably one out of 1000 members that just have no clue how abrasive they are.

Curt

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #45  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( as far as i see it if the oil meets or excedes cc spec.they have noting to say )</font>

But that's the rub. Cub does not make that information available.

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #46  
OK, Do you see the issue here?

Cub is stating that you have to use certain type of fluid for warranty coverage. They cannot turn against their warranty statement and say "well, if you want to use something else use this"

If they did that they would have to warranty everything that happend to anyones transmission. Anyone could say " well, Cub said I could use this type"

I understand your frustration over the price. But unfortunately the recommended fluid type is Cub Cadet and Hydro-Gears decision.

Cub Cadet and its dealers cannot give out any alternative fluid types.

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #47  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I dont have a chip on my shoulder. Im just here to explain it to you guys.

Try to save you guys some time and trouble. But you guys want to argue about it. You can't argue with a manufacturer or a written warranty statement.

I apologize if you interpreted my posts that way.

BUt no manufacturer is going to give you a recommended fluid because you choose not to pay for it.

I stated before you are free to use what you like. However, if a problem occurs and the dealer or manufacturer finds out you used a cheap fluid that caused the problem, you will be responsible.

I was just trying to save you guys the hassle and trouble.

Use the recommended fluid until the factory warranty is up, then you are free to use what you like.

Now I know why I left this board before. This will be my last post. I came here to help customers and give direct information.

I apologize if I step on anyones toes.

Good day.

)</font>

I think your wording is what everyone is arguing about. "CHEAP" doesn't always mean bad and "EXPENSIVE" doesn't always mean good. If you use an oil that is not suitable for the Hydro drive for whatever reason, viscosity, additives, temp limits etc. and it causes the failure your warranty is void. If I use a 50 cent/quart hydraulic oil and the drive fails from a manufacturing defect CC would have to prove that the oil caused the failure before they could void the warranty. That's the main purpose of the Moss Magnusen Act which allows me to use Fram or Purolator filters in my GM car and GM can't vois my warranty for that reason alone.

Bob B.

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #48  
Is it Cub or the manufacture of the unit that does not share info. Rozett, I called my local dealer for an air filter price on my 7360 and for a 8454. $78.00 for the 7360 and $26.00 for the 8454. What is the difference, both are Cub Cadets. Mits vs. Kioti. That proves to me Mits is slaming you, dealer and Cub on parts. I still don't think it is the dealer. Cub Tech gave us the cost on the 7360 filter threads ago. Its Mits. As for the oils, when GM says it wants Mobil 1 or equal in its high out put engines it means it. If there is a failure an oil sample will be taken. If the correct lubricant is not in the engine there is no warranty. So Cub Tech is telling the straight up.

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #49  
Dealer cost on the mits filter for the 7360 is just below $60 dollars. As a dealer, we have tried many times to find a cross reference for these filters. The 7205 cub tractor is now in the mahindra linup as the 2015 tractor. The air filter from Mahindra now is just a couple dollars cheaper. The Cub 7305 tractor is now in the Mahindra lineup as the 3015 tractor and the air filter is again, just a couple of dollars cheaper. The Mits parts are the expensive ones. If anyone has found an aftermarket filter for these tractors, please let me know. I know the Cub old style metal case filter for the 7205 now crosses to a Kubota filter number and is much cheaper through an aftermarket company like Oregon. This is the only one i've found.

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #50  
So what did you guy's come up with for the replacement fluid?