Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #51  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( So what did you guy's come up with for the replacement fluid? )</font>
I gave up on it /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif. Search this forum for 'drive system fluid plus' or the likes, for threads on this topic. I may go with Mobil-1 20w-50 @ 300hrs or so, which will be about 6-7yrs from now /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.
G/luck
Joel

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #52  
Hope you don't mind a newbie jumping in here. I saw this thread and like with many this is a subject of interest.

I'm also put off buy Cub's price on this fliud and would like to have a choice. Time for the first filter change last month and I had to pay $13 for a qt of this stuff. There can't be that much magic in this stuff to warrant that kind of price.

I see where Lazy said only need to change fliud every 400 hrs. Well, not according to my manual. After initial change, filter every 50 hrs and fluid every hundred.

Tractors 2 yrs old now so when it's time for another change, I'll be looking into an alternate as I'm not about the pay $13/qt to do a complete change.

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #53  
I can't remember what all I went through to arrive at this conclusion. I found a spec number or something and was able to cross it over to regular HyTrans that is used in many large tractor systems. It is just a hydraulic oil.

This was a few years ago, so I don't remember where I found the spec or anything but I was convinced at the time that this was the correct stuff. I bought a five gallon bucket of the stuff for what about 3 quarts would cost from Cub Cadet.

The mower I was getting it for is a 2145.

Good luck,
Doc

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #54  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hope you don't mind a newbie jumping in here. I saw this thread and like with many this is a subject of interest.

I'm also put off buy Cub's price on this fliud and would like to have a choice. Time for the first filter change last month and I had to pay $13 for a qt of this stuff. There can't be that much magic in this stuff to warrant that kind of price.

I see where Lazy said only need to change fliud every 400 hrs. Well, not according to my manual. After initial change, filter every 50 hrs and fluid every hundred.

Tractors 2 yrs old now so when it's time for another change, I'll be looking into an alternate as I'm not about the pay $13/qt to do a complete change. )</font>

It makes you wonder if they changed the maintenance schedule just to sell more supples. Nahhh, they wouldn't do that. My old 1450, which used the reddish Hytran fluid called for a filter every 100 hours and I don't think they ever said the fluid had to be changed. I used to change the filter around 100 hours, using a common (cheap) Fram PH3600 and the only fluid change was at 924 hours when I pulled the trans to replace a leaking gasket between the trans and differential. The 1450 had 1100+ hours on it and was still running great, when I traded it in for my 3235. Now I'm using synthetic trans oil, which is supposed to last longer than the old stuff, and am supposed to change the filter every 50 hours and fluid every 100 hours. I DON'T THINK SO!

Bob B.

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #55  
I agree Bob! changed my oil on my 3204 at 150 hrs, and it looked as good as new...i'm doing 300 hrs or more for now on!!

Duc

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #56  
Hey Duc, what you doing here? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Somewhere in the long thread was mention of not mixing other kinds of oil with this "special" trans oil. I changed my trans filter several weeka ago and the "spilled" oil was still in the pan. A few days ago I changed the oil in my brush hog into the same pan. Those two fliud mix as well as oil and water. I can slosh the pan around but these 2 fluids just won't mix.

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #57  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Hey Duc, what you doing here? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Somewhere in the long thread was mention of not mixing other kinds of oil with this "special" trans oil. I changed my trans filter several weeka ago and the "spilled" oil was still in the pan. A few days ago I changed the oil in my brush hog into the same pan. Those two fliud mix as well as oil and water. I can slosh the pan around but these 2 fluids just won't mix. )</font>

Its good to see you here as well Micky!! This place has a lot of info as well as a ton of members ....I've been posting here for a few years already -geesh where did the time go?

lots of Yanmar info too

As for the oil, I will be extending the intervals - I see no reason not to - its a key advantage of synthetic blend oils, I would assume....

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #58  
I have a 7205 CC I just changed the fluid and put in 15-50 mobil 1.

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #59  
mtwap said:
I have a 7205 CC I just changed the fluid and put in 15-50 mobil 1.

Thanks for pulling up this old thread. It certainly seems that M1 15W-50 would be a good choice to replace the overpriced and mediocre appearing Cub fluid...

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #60  
CubTech said:
:confused: Change your fluid every 400+ hours. :confused:

I'm puzzled about your statement about changing the fluid every 400 hours.
I've read my CC GT2554 owners manual from cover to cover several times searching for when to change the trany fluid in it.
The manul don't say a thing about ever changing the fluid at all .so where did you come up with 400 hours?