Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #71  
Per the spec page for the Cub Cadet Tank M48 KW, it uses dual Hydro-Gear PK-12 pumps and White wheel motors. Cub specs the oil as Rimula 15w40, like it does for all the Hydro-Gear equipped ZTRs commercial or residential. Any heavy-duty 15w40 engine oil will work perfectly in these units.

Joel

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #72  
after reading this post i stopped at my dealer to pose this question. they called cub and cub recommends with the synthetic fluid in my 3185 that i just change the filter and top off the fluid for the life of the tractor. this would be alot easier to handle cost wise than changing the whole system.

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #73  
..cub recommends with the synthetic fluid in my 3185 that i just change the filter and top off the fluid for the life of the tractor. this would be alot easier to handle cost wise than changing the whole system.

Indeed that's what Cub recommends and I'm sure it works out fine. What many of us have discovered on initial system drain on these is some gray, possibly metallic looking soup mixed in with the factory trans oil. I was glad to get that out of there and didn't find it on the second drain/fill. The issue with this system is; If you use it for short bursts without giving the transaxle time to come up to temp and heat-soak, you run the risk of building up condensation in the system. Changing the filter and adding a qt of oil doesn't help the situation.

Joel

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #74  
never heard about the metallic soup being involved. id be glad to get that out too. personally, if they recomend an oil thats specific and proprietary to cub cadet, thats what ill use. i did my homework on these machines before i got one (some) and i knew what to expect (to an extent). if somebody doesnt want to put CC oil their machine, thats their preference and theyre more than welcome to do it. who am i to judge. in reality, everyone should do a little bit of homework before buying a machine and see what theyre getting into. "buyer beware"

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #75  
Indeed that's what Cub recommends and I'm sure it works out fine. What many of us have discovered on initial system drain on these is some gray, possibly metallic looking soup mixed in with the factory trans oil. I was glad to get that out of there and didn't find it on the second drain/fill. The issue with this system is; If you use it for short bursts without giving the transaxle time to come up to temp and heat-soak, you run the risk of building up condensation in the system. Changing the filter and adding a qt of oil doesn't help the situation.

Joel

JTKub,

So is the conclusion that the cc fluid plus alternative is the 20w50 Mobil 1? I just got a backhoe for my 5252 and found that it came without hydraulic oil. It gets its oil from the tractor's system so I don't want to spend $70+ dollars to load up the bachoes cylinders.

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #76  
JTKub,

So is the conclusion that the cc fluid plus alternative is the 20w50 Mobil 1? I just got a backhoe for my 5252 and found that it came without hydraulic oil. It gets its oil from the tractor's system so I don't want to spend $70+ dollars to load up the bachoes cylinders.

I use Shell Rotella-T 15w40 in place of Cub Cadet Drive System Fluid Plus and would not hesiate to use it in your 5252. For lots of very cold weather use, Rotella-T 5w40 is even better, but more expensive.

Joel

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #77  
I have a Cub 5000 series and am going to change out my hydro oil to Mobil 1. Is there any way to replace the oil in the front end loader's cylinders so that it doesn't mix with the Mobil 1? I've use the regular CC Premium Brand Hydro oil up till now but I would really prefer to have all one product in there.

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #78  
So, I see it has been at least 5 years since this thread was started and I would like to know what the original posters ended up using in their CC? I recently bought a used 2005 GT2521 and was flabbergasted at the price of a gallon of the CC oil.

So fess up, what did you use and how is it working for you...

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #79  
i used the recommended stuff. if you can afford to spend the money on one of these things, 34$ or whatever a gallon is a drop in the bucket.

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #80  
...I would like to know what the original posters ended up using in their CC?...
I looked up the OP's stats, and the last Last Activity: 06-14-2008 04:29 PM so he might not make it back... but Welcome to TBN!!! I'm sure other will chime in with what they use...