Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #1  

Yetii

Tractor
2005 CC GT2544
Has anyone found out a non OEM replacement for Cub Cadet Hydrostatic oil?
Reason being...as per the ruling Magnusson-Moss Act requires that OEM's provide the information about a maintenance items so after market products can be used as a replacements. The act states that they have to provided a suitable oil type (e.g. SAE, JASO, etc. type oil) or provided the oil free of charge or provide an FTC exemption letter stating that there are no other oils able to do the same job.
This is why automotive, atv, snowmobile, etc. manufacturers cannot dishonor warranty's if non OEM oils are used as a maintenance replacement item.
Has anyone contacted MTD or their dealers about this?
I centainly would like the oil free....

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #2  
If you are looking for the non-synthetic stuff Case/IHC Hytran Plus is the same. Got that from my dealer after he contacted CC parts. Hytran and CC oil are made by the same company...Viscosity Oil Company. Odd they publish the spec's for the Hytran but not the CC stuff. Gee I wonder why? Maybe its that generous, customer friendly attitude that MTD displays with such regularity?

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #4  
You got information !! We should run this by Gsxr1100 for his
thoughts on this sheet and if it tells you anything

Oh calling Mr. Gsxr1100 I have a question regarding oil /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
(just kidding with you) I have no doubt he will understand if it means anything

Duc

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #5  
I was looking on shell web site looking fo shell code 53058 with no luck. did stumble on to a close match using sb mixture 100 and have the same zinc no 64742-54-7 and also the same plant name equiva services it showing a different code,but printed in the same year. 10-40 w syn blend Rolella,but not happy in till I find the same shell code 53058!

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I was looking on shell web site looking fo shell code 53058 with no luck. did stumble on to a close match.... )</font>

Yep, I did the same thing. Scoured all the sites associated with equilon and shell. Basically came up empty. The MSDS is pretty dry on details. Most oils offer up alittle more info, even on the MSDS. Some of the usefull info:

Pour point = -10degF
Viscosity = 9.4 CS @ 212degF
Flash Point = 390degF (COC)

G/luck
Joel

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #7  
Viscosity of 9.4 CS @ 212degF = a SAE30 oil! So much for my 40 or 50wt oil theory and not so calibrated sense of sight and touch /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif! Dang that stuff seems 'thicker' that that!
Check here: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/visc.html

G/luck
Joel

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #8  
Well HOLD your horses and stop the press! I e-mailed shell oil about this 53058 code.Iasked what weight is this oil! I got a answer he said that it is( 80w 90 ish) WELL i'm lost for words right now.IF I would like to post this e-mail That I got from shell oil for other to read! how do I do it?

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #9  
Man-o-man... The plot thickens, as dmes the oil!!
tongue.gif
That's funny GQ, I just emailed Shell tonight in regards to getting a product data sheet on this oil. This does make some sense with thd pour point beilg so poor for a synthetic blend. An 80wt wouldjt pour so good at below zero! any idea when "CC Drive System Plus" first came out?? The MSDS qays 1999. I thought this stuff was newer than that /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif.
Thanks!
Joel

/ Cub Cadet Hydrostatic Oil #10  
YOU know I've seen one other different data sheet buy a diff oil company.for this cub cadet system drive plus !I don't get it most hydro gear pumps use oils in the ball park 15w 50 0r 20w50 is what I have been useing for about 1 year 1/2 I have put 570 hr on this tranmission since i bought it new last year in march.buy the how can I show the e-mail i got from shell oil? my pump is a bdL-10 some say saurse danforse spelling is bad. made some pumps for cub cadet,what year did they start to use this oil I going to say 2001?