deck wash system

/ deck wash system #1  

tonybada

Bronze Member
Tractor
CC 2042
Does anyone use this deck wash system? I just feel it is so easy to take my deck off (5 minutes on the 2042) and use a putty knife to clean it once in a while. I just don't know that I want all that water on my deck even though running the pto afterwards should dry it. I guess if I had real thick wet grass I was cutting mostly it would be good, but I have mostly dry thin grass here in central VA this yr. I probably will never use it myself.

/ deck wash system #2  
I've got a Z-Force 44 and feel the same about the deck wash fittings. I did use them awhile back in the spring and early summer but they never did completely clean the deck whether the grass was light or heavy. I haven't pulled the deck off yet. Not sure if that would stretch the big belt by taking it off and putting it back on. I usually drive the front of the mower up on car ramps, lay down beside the mower and, with a few choice words of course, clean the deck. It's a little time consuming and messy but effective. Also, the mechanic at the tractor place where I bought the Cub recommended against using water to clean it. Said there was too much of a chance of water doing damage to the mower if it wasn't completely dried before putting it up.
I had an old Snapper rear engine rider before this and it would clog some too but I could at least pick up the front of the mower and lean it back on it's frame to clean it. A little heavy but much easier to clean.

/ deck wash system #3  
I had made my own on the 46" deck I bought with my Cub 1641 ten years ago. The deck tends to collect grass at a few points during the spring and fall when the grass can be damp while cutting. Made the cut better in the middle and grass collection better. The difference was amazing! squeeky clean under the deck without removing it and no adverse effects. Smelled better in the garage too.