Block Heater for 7205 CC

/ Block Heater for 7205 CC #1  

Outlander1

Silver Member
Tractor
Allis D15 7205 Cub
I was thinking about putting a block heater in my 7205 so I visited my Cub Dealer and was told the freeze pug heater was $338. Yes, that's right $338. I once again left the CC dealer thinking why did I not buy a Kubota? Anyway, has anyone by chance located a block heater for the Mitsu Cubs that might be purchased for a sane price? I might add that I do not blame Mitsu for this. This is MTD gouging. Chrysler does the same thing with their Mitsu parts.

/ Block Heater for 7205 CC #2  
I bought a block heater for my 2615 Mahindra witch is the same as the CC 7265 I paid 158.00 for mine. IF yours has the S3L SERIES engine like Mine the heater installs in the freeze plug hole witch is only about 3/4 diamiter. You have to drill a hole in the center of the plug and use a slide hammer to remove it because the hole has a step in it that the plug bottoms out in so the you can't drive the plug sideways and pry it out like you can most of them.
It isn't the best heater in my opinion. Would i buy it again NO.

/ Block Heater for 7205 CC
Thanks Ned! That is exactly what I needed to know. $158 is better than $338 but either way for that amount you expect results. Again MTD gouging...Same Mitsu part from Mahindra at about half the cost. If we could get Mitsu parts from Mitsu and bypass these gougers I for one would be smugly satisfied!

/ Block Heater for 7205 CC #4  
Have you considered an inline hoze heater. They will work just as well.

You may be able to find a freeze plug type block heater that will fit at an automotive type parts dealer.

Egon

Thanks Egon. I am probably going to do just that. I can get a hose heater for around $20. The problem with the Cub freeze plugs is the size. They are 20mm in diameter and the parts store could not match it.

/ Block Heater for 7205 CC #6  
The Cub dealer I used to associate with quoted me around $70 bucks + installation costs. That was about two years ago. The tractor was a 1998 7260.

/ Block Heater for 7205 CC #7  
Outlander, I recently started the process of checking on where to find a heater for my 7234 Mitsubishi CC as well. I wrote to Wilson Tractors and I'm pasting his response.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sales Department [mailto:sales@wilsonstractors.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 9:40 AM
Subject: Block Heater

David,

You got me thinking this morning when you mentioned the 3/4" pipe thread and for some reason (must have been a Monday morning thing) I was not thinking at all about that being a Mitsu. motor even though I have sold over 100 of those units!! For some reason I am so use to selling those 3/4" heaters for MF & Fords that I overlooked that fact.

Anyway I am sorry for that little blunder. The magnetic block heater is nice, but just to make sure that I had all my ducks in a row I contacted the main tech guy at Cub this morning and he told me about a block heater that is not in the parts book. It is the block heater made specifically for the mitsu. motor and goes into the right hand side freeze plug. Your cost on the plug will be $40.99 plus $8.95 S&H.

Again, sorry for all the confusion but I think we have our choices nailed down now. Just need to decide if you want to go with the magnetic type or the one from Cub. Thanks.

Nathan

That said. Putting the heater on my motor looks like it could be a real pain. Not much room to work and the freeze plug is right behind what looks like a fuel manifold or something. There is another freeze plug behind the front one on my motor but I don't know if there is room for the heater element inside the water jacket. I like the idea of the permanence of the freeze plug heater but may go with the magnetic heater route. It looks like Nathan at Wilson Tractors did the leg work to come up with a fair price on the heater though.
The magnetic mount he talked about was a 300watt heater, "Price on this unit is $55.12 plus $8.95
S&H."

Let us know what you do.

/ Block Heater for 7205 CC #8  
NED, I tried to send a private email but couldn't find your email address. Can you tell me which freeze plug your heater is in? Is it the closest to the front of the engine or the next one back, right side of the engine?

Thanks.

Wilson Tractor just got my business. Just goes to show that there is usually a way around MTD if you can just make the right contact. Thanks much!

/ Block Heater for 7205 CC #10  
Just to give you a heads up our "parts request form" is not working at the moment so just e-mail us at parts@wilsonstractors.com or call whichever is easier, thanks!