Cub Cadet 1042

/ Cub Cadet 1042 #1  

Upset

I am so happy to find this forum. I was mulching leaves with my 1042 when it just quit and immediately was engulfed in flames. It was completely destroyed. Cub Cadet wants me to file a claim with my homeowners insurance. Your post proves to me that it is as I have said, An Electrical problem. A problem that they know about and stonewall with me about a warranty replacement..Another Cadet, I don't think so, Just give me my money back.

/ Cub Cadet 1042 #2  
Truly sorry to hear about your tractor.

I have been concerned about something happening to my tractor. Checked with my homeowerners insurance, they will only cover a non-farm tractor up to $1000. That sure doesn't cover much of a tractor. Maybe something others want to check on.

Don't have the answer for you but Cub should at the least replace your machine and not leave you hanging. Is it Cub or the dealer you are talking to?

Alan

/ Cub Cadet 1042
I have talked to both.. Cub wanted a fire marshall report. They got it and still have done nothing. Dealer got angry at me. I have not filed with my homeowners. I am going to dispute the charges on my Credit card today. If that fails, we will go to court.

/ Cub Cadet 1042 #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( . Your post proves to me that it is as I have said, An Electrical problem. A problem that they know about and stonewall with me about a warranty replacement... )</font>

What post /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Sorry to hear about your problems, but what's the "electrical problem" with the CC 1000 series? I know of general dealer setup issues, and the 1000 series belt tension/vibration issue, but nothing about a 1000 series electrical problem. To be honest, I can see a HOT exhaust system and dry leaves causing one to burst into flames, over an electrical short/problem. How many hours were on it when it burned? Take the new one from CC, sell it and get another $1000 LT.

G/luck
Joel

/ Cub Cadet 1042
Several Post on this forum talk about the wiring harness going over the manifold, hangers melting and wiring melting and shorting on manifold. As well as shorts into the pto.
I had pto problems, belt problems, deck problems and finally a total problem. I bought it as a "demonstrator" with 20 hours on it.. It had 41 hours when it burned..They have not offered a new one. They haven't offered anything.