New CubCadet 3200 Tractor

/ New CubCadet 3200 Tractor #1  

Cub32

Tractor
Cub Cadet 3200
I purchased a new CUB Cadet 3200 in April of this year after 6 months of reviewing different makes. I purchased with a 50" mower, Front Snowblower, Chains, Weights and had a 3 point hitch put on also.
I have read about the problems changing oil on the cubs and the possible wiring harness shorting out. I haven't seen the wiring issue on this model and I have changed the oil once and it worked ok, maybe a little messy on the filter but the hose contraption seemed to work ok.
When I first received the machine it sat in the garage until the weekend and it had a lot of oil spots under it. They didn't get any better or worse after 5 hours so I talked to the dealer. He picked it up and fixed it at no charge. I now have used the snow blower and have 28hours on the unit. I have no complaints thus far. My wife thinks the pedals push hard but that's about it. Starts well after sitting in 10 F temperature all week in an unheated shed.
So far /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I am very happy with the tractor.

/ New CubCadet 3200 Tractor #2  
Nice machine! The oil changing and wiring are different on the 3K series machines. Slightly more room under the hood- which is a great thing! Did your dealer say what the oil leaking was all about?

Joel

/ New CubCadet 3200 Tractor
The oil leak came from the pipe nipple / elbow they put on the oil drain. There is no room to tighten the elbow because it rests flat to the engine mounting plate. You have to lift the engine. It took at least a week for me to finally see what was leaking because the oil ran all under the engine and didn't drip where it originated from. . After I got 5 hours on it I told the dealer who picked it up and fixed it for free ( not a free oil change though).