Mitsubishi/cub cadet

/ Mitsubishi/cub cadet #1  

HRS

Gold Member
OK, I was looking at the new web page everyone is talking about and pulled up their compact and utility tractors. So which, if any are still built by Mitsubishi. Are the 7500's, or is the series smaller than this one. Also, I noticed the Utility, 8000 have daedong engines. Are these the same as the Mahindra's, since Mahindra's, I think it was 15 series, were Mitsubishi?

Thanks

/ Mitsubishi/cub cadet #2  
The 8000 series are Kioti/Daedong tractors. The 7500 are Mitubishi diesel and turbo diesel tractors. The 6284 is built by MTD/Cub with a CAT diesel. The 5000 series are also built by MTD/Cub with Diahatsu Diesels, Kawasaki liquid cooled gas and Kohler air cooled gas engines.

/ Mitsubishi/cub cadet
Thank you.

/ Mitsubishi/cub cadet #4  
Hi guys. This is my first post on this forum, but I've been around a while. I'm looking for a CUT to replace my B7100 and have pretty much not looked at Cadets on the advice of my dealer. Now I'm hearing things about some Cadet CUTs being Mitsu's and Kioti's. Could you either tell me or direct me to a site that shows the genealogy of the CUT Cadets over the past several years?

Thanks!

/ Mitsubishi/cub cadet
Isn't it amazing at the number of products available to the potential buyer. I've also heard people bad mouth Cub Cabet. I think it had something to do with MTD buying the lawn mower line of Cub Cadet, or at least making them. Well I have one, and it is a nice little mower.

Concerning tractors I'm surprised that your dealer would bad mouth them. I'm sure he had some other tractor on his lot that he wanted you to buy. That's usually the way it goes, unfortunately, so you have to do your own research to get the truth.

Here are a couple to links. The one to home page in Japan is rather interesting. On it you can also find contact info of the company Cubs are imported through. I would contact them for reliable information.

http://www.mam.co.jp/english/index.html

http://www.cubcadet.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/topcategory_10051_14101_-1

If for some reason they do not work, you never know, search Tractor Data.com and pull up Mitsubishi. Then click on Mitsubishi Agricultural equipment at top of page. Once it opens, you will need to select English. From there it will rought you right back to the U.S. and Cubs home page here. Have fun.

/ Mitsubishi/cub cadet #6  
Thanks. It's a strange situation with the dealer involved. They have 3 stores. One sells Case and Cadet only, another sells Case, Kubota, and Cadet, and a 3rd sells only Cadet. The two that sell other brands are the ones nearest me, and include the main store. They both do not recommend the Cadet CUT, and feel I would be better with Case or Kubota. Another dealer in the next town sells all three, and also suggests that I'd be happier with Kubota. Is the Cadet profit margin really small or what?

/ Mitsubishi/cub cadet #7  
Cub vs Kubota.....I've traveled that path. Agonized over it for a year. Overall...resale, parts prices, equipment availability, dealer acesss... I think Kubota wins hands down. So what do I do? I bought a Cub. I've had Mitsubishi vehicles for years and they just seem to run forever. Now what this has to do with their tractors I don't know but it was an influence. I got a 7205 Cub which falls into the "giant lawnmower" category with some other basic utility. It does surprise me now and then but it's still a toy tractor. When I compared the 7205 to a comparable Kubota (7610?) it boiled down to the Mitsu being mainly cast iron and the Kubota being mainly aluminum. That said I still bet the Kubota is just as good or better for general utility work. However I came from a family that had been involved in agriculture since the depression and we were used to cast iron equipment. I know you can flog it without mercy. I have done it with various Fords, Farmall H's and Allis WD45's. You know how you hate doing that field work when your 15 so you take it out on the tractor? Yeah, that was it. It was the cast iron vs aluminum thing, not Cub vs Kubota. All that said, if you want resale BUY A KUBOTA!

/ Mitsubishi/cub cadet #8  
RE- i went thru the same situation as you are describing. 1) i didn't plan on reselling my 7530 cub so resale was not a big issue with me. 2) compare the specs on the cub with the other machines in the same class, i'll bet you'd be surprised! i know i was. 3) there are at least 5 cub dealers in a reasonable distance from me so support is not an issue either. 4) the build quality seems to be as good as anything out there and finally 5) THE PRICE mine was about 500 to a thousand cheaper than the green or the orange ones. mine has the mitsu turbo diesel and it has done nothing but impress me so far, but i only have 10 hours on it at this point. the only thing i thought it needed was more weight, so i added 100 lbs up front and filled the rear tires and it made the difference i was looking for. in my area there seemed to be a little trouble getting a kubota as the dealers were limited in stock maybe its the time of year when i bought (january) but i needed the machine and didn't want to wait hpoefully this won't confuse you but so far this machine has worked better than i expected

/ Mitsubishi/cub cadet #9  
My comments on the Cubs. When I bought my first tractor, 8 or 9 years ago, I had looked for a year, maybe two, at a large variety of used, many pretty beat up, priced way to high tractors, and some new ones. At one of the dealers, I don’t remember if it was a JD or a Cub, a salesman who had been around equipment for many years, commented that most of the compacts, (at that time) were all made in Japan, (Kiotis and Mahindras weren’t that popular at that point) and if you put them all in a bag and shook them up they were pretty much the same. That may be a little unfair but I built a spread sheet of features of most of the brands and the Cub 7000 series with the Mitsubishi engine and drive train was more tractor for the money than the rest of them. It was a Cub dealer that gave me the best price so I bought it hoping I didn’t buy a pig in a poke. At that time there was only a 19HP, 23HP, and 27HP. The engines in those migrated to 20, 26, and 30 HP models, one 36 I believe, (Rozett help me with that one). Their tractors are tough, reliable, very capable machines that I would put against the same weight and HP of any of the other colors. The 7000 series made by Mitsubishi for Cub are not junk, they are a serious piece of equipment made to work. Now the filters and some parts are ridiculously priced but that is another topic. MTD is a huge outfit so I don’t doubt that some of their line of equipment is lighter duty, made for the homeowner, not for the commercial world. As you probably know, Mitsubishi makes the 15 series of Mahindras and when I have looked at the 26HP and 30 HP models they are almost identical to my Cub, just in Red. I would consider another Cub if it was a Mitsubishi engine and drive train in a heart beat. Like Outlander said, the sucker is cast iron, very heavy. They have had a few problems but I don’t think any piece of machinery is trouble free. I know Mitsubishi made them with the Mitsubishi name on them some time before Cub picked up the line. I also thought there was some connection with I H Case, I believe that dropped the line and MTD picked it up and painted it a pretty Yellow! I would change very little about my selection except for getting a Hydro and about 30 HP model the next time around. It was hard enough talking my wife into the first one so I think it will be a long time before I have her convinced that this one is worn out. I think a dealer steering you away from a CUT Cub is either ill informed “or” more likely is just trying to bad mouth another brand to make his look better. I do think that Kubota and the other brands seem to have a higher resale but that wasn’t a concern when I bought mine. My 2 cents.

/ Mitsubishi/cub cadet #10  
I agree with everything MajMac has said. I also built a spreadsheet to compare all the colors from 25 to 40 HP. For my needs on hilly terrain, I was interested in weight, wheelbase, and track (width)... along with reliability and quality. The spreadsheet told me, that dollar for dollar, Cub won out at any given HP. I chose to go with the 36HP 7360SS. I'm an old gear guy, so HST was not a feature for me. And neither was resale value.

The local dealer was primarily a Cub dealer. But most of his customers were businesses. He could hardly be bothered to answer any of my questions or even give me a price quote. I guess he didn't think I would really buy one. We'll I did, but not from him. Once I knew what make/model I wanted, I spent 6-8 months watching for (slightly) used machines. Finally found one at a JD dealer in Alabama. I was treated extremely well, even though the dealer never met me face to face. Deal was done and I was happy!

The 7360 is the one Mitsubishi model that was not picked up by Mahindra. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif But it is a very rugged machine that has given me very few problems. I've never had a need to take it to a dealer for repair. Mine has been used hard and just keeps working. I'm generally distrustful of the motives of the dealers. There are a few very good ones out there. And I would be surprised to hear any of them bad-mouth another color.