johnny bucket jr

/ johnny bucket jr
does the power dump feature have stepper motors? or is it just a solenoid and drops the load as soon as you hit the switch? How much did you pay for the wheel weights and where did you get those? I like those pics.

/ johnny bucket jr #12  
I paid $100.00 for pair the wheel weights.
Got them at the CC dealer....PN 190-412-100
They feel like they weigh about 75-80 lbs ea.

The bucket doesn't drop the load instantly, you press the toggle switch and the bucket moves as long as the switch is pressed.

/ johnny bucket jr #13  
Rocko, I have a couple questions about the JBjr and CC 2542 that I hope you can answer:

1) Did the JBjr kit come with EVERYTHING needed to install on a stock 2542?

2) Does the bucket look like it'll take some abuse, like moving rocks, without deforming?

3) Are the bucket and optional teeth strong enough to allow you to dig up an inch or two of soil while moving forward?

/ johnny bucket jr #14  
CCinCT

1.... Yes. Mounting hardware was complete, and instructions were excellent

2.... Yes. The bucket may get a dent, but seems strong enough that it won't deform.

3.... Yes. If the soil is compacted, you may have to use the teeth to loosen it up.

I have been trying the bucket out the last few days. It does take some practice to get used to it.

You do need good traction and extra weight. I added a set of AG tires and use a set of wheel weights approx 75lbs in each rear rim and I use two suitcase weights approx 40lbs ea.

I checked sears, they have a scoop that looks similar...it is very light weight and seems it would dent easily...The construction of the Johnny Bucket is MUCH stronger compared to the sears model.