johnny bucket jr

/ johnny bucket jr #1  

tonybada

Bronze Member
Tractor
CC 2042
anybody get a johnny bucket jr on their cub? I have a 2042 and am considering it. They run about $1,000. Does this seem like a decent price? Any feedback on this product would be appreciated.

/ johnny bucket jr #2  
I got mine a couple weeks ago, it will be going on a GT2542.
I haven't installed it yet.

I opened up the shipping boxes and it seems to be constructed very well.

Mine cost me $1185.00 /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ johnny bucket jr #3  
Rocko.

Did you get it with the standard rope setup or did you buy the electric actuator?

/ johnny bucket jr #4  
I got the Power Dump feature, the tooth bar and the bucket doubler.

/ johnny bucket jr #5  
ROCKO

Please post pictures this spring!

/ johnny bucket jr #6  
No Problem, as soon as I get it mounted I will post some pics /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ johnny bucket jr #7  
The weather was decent today and I had the day off, so I installed the JB Jr.

The install was pretty easy, everything fit like a glove and worked like it was supposed too. Total time installing the JB jr. was about 2 hrs and 30 minutes.

The directions were very good. I did spend about 30 minutes deciding where to install the controls.

I am impressed with the little bucket and very glad I purchased it.

I uploaded the pictures to my album. (about 10 of them)

/ johnny bucket jr #8  
Nice install.... thanks for the pics.

/ johnny bucket jr #9  
Yes. The pics are great.

Did you get the free add-on bucket extension? I'm guessing you just didn't mount it yet. Nice location for the switches. Clean and easy to reach.

I really want one too. But what happens at mowing season. You had to remove your bumper to put the bracket kit on. Will you miss having it there or does it not matter to you. I spent extra for that tubular bumper that came stock on your 2006 model and I would hate to remove it permanently.

/ johnny bucket jr #10  
Yes, I have the bucket extension. I may install that later this week.

As far as mowing season, I will just leave the bracket kit installed. However, I don't think it would be that difficult to remove and install the bumper if thats what you wanted to do.

For the switches, I drilled a small pilot hole then used a 1/2 inch drill bit. The back of the switches are pretty big, so they have to be about 1 1/2 inches apart.