cub 1040?

/ cub 1040? #1  

joseph39421

Are the Cub Cadet 1040 mowers good? I like them, just wondering if anyone knows how they hold up, ill be mowing 2 acres with it I have no hillls at all and my yard is as smooth as a golf course. I will be mowing centipede grass with it. Does this mower have grease zerks on it to greaze it?

/ cub 1040? #2  
Yes it has grease fittings on it, as well as a cast iron front axle. The 1040 is on the same frame/design as the rest of the Cub Cadet 1000 line, it just has a CVT trans. rather than a hydro. trans. Hope this helps.

/ cub 1040? #3  
For $100 more go with the 1042. Atleast it's got a hydrostatic transaxle. From the looks of it, the "CVT" on the 1040 is nothing more than the junky, bottom of the barrel, MTD transmatic transaxle. It's a variator pulley and dual belt system that sucks for a LT application.

Joel

/ cub 1040? #4  
That was the main reason I went with the 1042. I really liked the footpedal forward/reverse control.

Pappy

/ cub 1040? #5  
I'd never buy another LT1040 or the LTZ1040. They eat mower deck belts. I've had two years of trouble with mine, having bought 4 belts last season and, so far, 4 this season. I've also replaced all pulleys during that time. Also, the front stabilizer bar never quite fits into its slots on the front of the deck.