Lt 1046 Service Bulletins

/ Lt 1046 Service Bulletins #1  

AL_Josh

Silver Member
Tractor
Cub LT 1046, 2000 Honda Rancher, 2004 Carolina Skiff
My cousin bought a LT 1046 Last year and he had the drive pulley go bad on him last week. He took it in and left it at the dealer and called today and was told there is a service bulletin out for that model for that problem.

I was wondering where I can find out what the bulletin says. I have the same mower with more hours on it. Mine has about 30 hours on it. His only had 11 on it. I would like to have this fixxed before the season starts. His has been there almost 2 weeks.

Thanks

/ Lt 1046 Service Bulletins #2  
When I got my LT1046 in January, my dealer told me about that same thing. He said that it the pulley may start making noise, but that it's not much of a problem in most cases. But if it became a problem, he'd swap it out for me. He showed me the pulley in question and mentioned that it was one of those parts better off left alone if possible. I'm very happy with my dealer, their service and prices are very reasonable. My father in law bought a CC TANK from them a couple years ago and they do the maintence work for him on it. He has dealt with them for years and has a very high opinion of them. We have bought a couple Stihl weedeaters and chainsaws from them as well.

/ Lt 1046 Service Bulletins #3  
Thanks for the heads up on the 1046 pulley problem. I just got my 1046 in Dec for snow plowing but have yet to use it here in IL. Something to watch for when I start mowing.

/ Lt 1046 Service Bulletins
Thanks for the answer. I was really looking for somewhere to look at the bulletins. I know I could call the dealer and he could tell me about them but, I wanted to read for myself. It is not that I do not trust my dealer. We have bought plenty of stuff from him: Saws, Tillers, Mowers, and Weed Eaters. He has always done right by my father and I.

I just like to see the stuff myself.

Thanks,
Josh

/ Lt 1046 Service Bulletins #5  
The service advisory is CC-497. I copy and paste what it details but the advisory is three pages long and I don't have a remote web-site link for it.