06 CUB CADETS

/ 06 CUB CADETS #1  

rla

NEW MEMBER HERE,I'VE THIS SITE VERY HELPFUL AS IVE JUST PURCHASED AN 05 GT2544.AS I WAS LOOKING OVER MY PURCHASE THERE WAS A N 06 GT RIGHT BESIDE MINE ON THE FLOOR. THE NEW SEAT LOOKED VERY NICE SO I CLIMBED ON,TO MY SURPRISE I HAVE MORE LEG ROOM ON MY 05 .THE NEW SEAT WAS A BIT HIGHER BUT THERE SEEMED TO BE LESS ROOM BETWEEN MY LEGS AND THE WHEEL.I CHECKED SEVERAL TIMES TO MAKE SURE THE SEAT WAS AS FAR BACK AS POSSIBLE,IT WAS.GOT MINE FOR 2999. FROM WHAT I SAW THE NEW SEAT AND HOOD PLUS TIGHTER TURNING AREN
T WORTH ANOTHER 400 BUCKS. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ 06 CUB CADETS #2  
I'll warn you before anyone else jumps on you. Using all caps on computer boards is considered shouting and is also harder to read. Welcome to the board. You will find many helpful posts here.

Bob B.

/ 06 CUB CADETS #3  
to rla...congrats on the new cub. You may have had the same idea that I had...to get an 05 when the new 06 tractors came out. I just picked up my new 05 3100 this morning. I was planning on buying an 05 2554, but couldn't find one...they must have been pretty popular....so ended up with what I could get. I am looking forward to running it, although my wife is going to be the primary operator. I have driven it from the trailer into the garage so far. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ 06 CUB CADETS #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( to rla...congrats on the new cub. You may have had the same idea that I had...to get an 05 when the new 06 tractors came out. I just picked up my new 05 3100 this morning. I was planning on buying an 05 2554, but couldn't find one...they must have been pretty popular....so ended up with what I could get. I am looking forward to running it, although my wife is going to be the primary operator. I have driven it from the trailer into the garage so far. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif )</font>

Must be a great feeling walking out with better than what you intended for. The 3100 is an awesome machine but I will let you find that out for yourself...

Congrats!!

/ 06 CUB CADETS #5  
Congrats on the new tractor /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ 06 CUB CADETS #6  
Concerning the purchase of the 3100....I rarely purchase anything new (I am still using my old JD 112 which is over 30 years old...I bought that used!), so by the time I get something, all the bugs have been worked out of it. I read some posts earlier concerning PTO problems with the 3100...and the ensuing warranty work (read nightmare!). So in about six weeks from now, when the grass starts growing will be when the real test begins. My wife will be mowing between three and four acres a week with it...we will see how it holds up.
As rla did....my wife had to go to the show room and sit on the seat..to see if it would fit her. That is important when you are going to spend that much time on it. The seat adjustment on the tractor is more than adequate...although...the 05 didn't have the armrests...the 06 has them. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ 06 CUB CADETS #7  
Say..rla...one thing you might look at there. I didn't notice this on my 3100 till I got it home...the seat adjusts forward and backward as you know, but if you tip the seat up and look at the hinge, there are a series of holes on each side. This makes it possible to adjust the maximum forward or maximum backward on the seat. I think there are about five holes there if I recall (I can check when I get home). So possibly, whoever set up the tractor, may have fastened the seat to the farthest holes forward. As delivered, the seat was attached to the middle holes on mine.