True or False

/ True or False #1  

Fordlords

Platinum Member
Tractor
Cub Cadet 682
Just reading another tractor forum, ands what they said looks to be true, that MTD is now making John Deere's "100" line of residential lawn tractors for them, and they look about nearly identical to the 1000 series Cub LT's. The only spec difference looks to be use of Briggs and Stratton power in the Deeres vs. Kohler in the Cubs, and prices are dead on par with comparible models too. Interesting /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

-Fordlords-

/ True or False #3  
My wife and I just did some comparisons on John Deere and Cub Cadet, getting ready to purchase one and noted alot the same thing. The 1000 and 1500 Series CC looked alot like the 100 series JD including engines, features, construction and even price. Made us wonder about where they came from.

/ True or False #4  
I saw a pic on another forum,new Cub and JD. Except for color and a few minor design features, they looked identical. The grill was certainly the same.

It does make one wonder.

/ True or False #5  
If you really take a close look at how the dash is laid out one quickly realizes they are not made by the same company. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ True or False #6  
Well...made by the same outfit or not...they (both JD and CC) are on the same page concerning features, construction, choice of engine and deck size plus...price! Except when you get to the higher end Cubs....then the JD surpasses CC in the area of cost. My opinion only however. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ True or False #7  
Now...the new Toro lawn mowers (Lx series I believe) that are being sold in HD are made by MTD (a.k.a Cub Cadet). Same assembly line as the 1000 series!

/ True or False #8  
From what i was told by the service dept. (off the record) at the Cub Cadet dealer, all of the JD's AND Cubs (and many other brands) are now made by MTD. There are some spec differences from brand to brand, but are all made by MTD.

/ True or False #9  
The JD 100's and MTD's share absolutely no parts in common aside from maybe the engines. JD uses tuff-torq exclusively for their transaxles. MTD uses hydro-gear. JD and MTD decks are completely different. I suppose it's possible JD and MTD buy stuff from common vendors, but the JD 100's and MTD's are totally different animals.

G/luck
Joel

/ True or False #10  
This is FALSE.

I suppose GM and Ford are built at the same factory too right? hahahaha

JD and Cub do share a few ideas but the two lines are NOT built by the same people or even at the same facility!

I have visited the factorys and the only models that roll thru it are MTD lines.

Cub Tech