Need New Blades

/ Need New Blades #1  

AL_Josh

Silver Member
Tractor
Cub LT 1046, 2000 Honda Rancher, 2004 Carolina Skiff
I am having problems finding the correct Gator Blades for my mower. I have a 2005 LT 1046. I would like the part numbers for them.

The parts guy at my dealer says that his suppliers do not have a Gator Blade listed for my mower. He mentioned maybe there was a MTD cross over.

The original blades are do not lift the grass to cut it like I would like. The season is about to start here and I would like to get me a set.

Thanks in advance,

/ Need New Blades #2  
Gator blades will not increase the lift, if anything they will decrease it. They are designed for mulching.

Don't know what the mower comes with, but you need high lift blades. Try www.mowproducts.com

/ Need New Blades
Thanks for the link. I looked on that website and they do not even have blades for a my 46" deck.

Also the website for Gator Blades says they have highlift blades. I can sharpen the old ones but would really like to have a new set.

Thanks,

/ Need New Blades #4  
Just checked...no gator blades for the 46" deck. I think the big problem with the 46" deck is that it takes 2 different size blades. The two outside blades are a different size then the center blade.

Just a heads up to some, there are more than one type of "gator blade." I have access to 3 different gator blade types, and one is indeed a "high lift" blade.