Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    '05 Cub Cadet GT2544

Default Re: 10 Hour Oil/Hydro Change

Has anyone tried to extend the drain tube with more pipe; permanently bringing it to the end of the frame?

It's location is [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Tractor
    NH TC33, CC3240, CC2185

My 2185 is set up in this manner also and it's a 96 year model (I think). The included hose was useless. I've always been able to park it with the front left tilted slightly lower and let it go. With a large drain pan and the help of a piece of cardboard the mess isn't too bad. Just be sure to have a few paper towels to wipe down the section of frame next to the drain plug. This was an engineering after-thought that should have been corrected long ago.

Tractor
    Cub Cadet Z-Force 44

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Has anyone tried to extend the drain tube with more pipe; permanently bringing it to the end of the frame?

It's location is [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] )</font>

Nope. You cant on the 2544 unless you want to lift the engine to remove and replace the factory installed oil drain valve. The best idea i've seen yet utilizing the existing drain, is to buy a section of super flexible surgical tubing (home depot or lowes). That type of tubing flexes and bends without pinching off. Someone else cut a hole thru the frame crossmember right under the drain to give the hose an easy route.

Joel

Tractor
    2005 CC GT2550

On the '06, Cub added a 90 degree pipe bend and now the oil drain run parallel with the frame. It looks like you would have room to attach the hose to drain the old oil.

Tractor
    NH TC33, CC3240, CC2185

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( On the '06, Cub added a 90 degree pipe bend and now the oil drain run parallel with the frame. It looks like you would have room to attach the hose to drain the old oil.
    )</font>

That's the way my 3240 is set up.......much better. You can actually use the supplied plastic hose.

Tractor
    Cub Cadet Z-Force 44

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( On the '06, Cub added a 90 degree pipe bend and now the oil drain run parallel with the frame. It looks like you would have room to attach the hose to drain the old oil. )</font>

That's a definate plus. Leaving it the way they did for 2005 was rediculous.

Joel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12