Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    Cub Cadet 7234

Default Cub Air Filter

We've all complained about the price of filters, this is about the air filter on my 7234 and I think the same one was on the 727X series as well. I called the closest dealer the other day and he gracefully quoted me a price of $88.00 for the filter. I didn't call any others, there aren't many in the my area. I then went to work crossing the CC number: MA-10310511200 to a Wix #46387 and Donaldson P526801 numbers. What was neat about the Donaldson site it also gave the various pieces of equipment it fit, kubota 1550 and 1750 were a couple. Next I called the Kubota dealer and they had one for $22.51. I just picked one up and it looks almost identical to the CC only you can see from the air slots, the replacement has diamonded slots for the air and the original had round holes. I know we go round and round about using OEM products but I would find it hard to believe that Kubota thinks less of their engine filtration systems than Cub does. For the difference in money I'll use these now that I know the numbers. I believe it is a Donaldson filter, Made in USA, Wix also had one but it was about $10 more from NAPA.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Cub Cadet 7234

Default Re: Cub Air Filter

Here is another angle of the Air Filter.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    Kioti DK35, Ford 8N, Oliver Cletrac

That filter looks like a dead ringer for the one on my Kioti DK35. I'll have to check it out when my next filter change is due.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE hst & Mahindra 3616 hst cab & Kubota BX1850

Thank you for the info on part numbers. I ordered the Wix and looked at Donaldson on line and not one demension is within an inch of the correct filter for the 7265 or 7360ss. I am trying to contact a person at Donaldson without any luck so far. If you have any other resources please let us know. But neither number produces a working air filter for my tractors. Thanks for trying.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Cub Cadet 7234

I know Rozett had a hard time finding a cheaper filter for his 7360 but believe he stuck with the OEM one.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Cub Cadet 7360SS & Craftsman GT3000 23 HP w/50

That's correct. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE hst & Mahindra 3616 hst cab & Kubota BX1850

Just got off the phone with a Donaldson rep and he said "with either 3 cyl Mits, #7265 or the 4 cyl 7365ss, Donaldson can't reference a filter that will work" I guess we are out of luck and stuck at the hand of Mitsubushi for parts. Time to work on something else.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    7275 Cub Cadet

That is the same filter I use on my 7275. CC can shove their high prices as far as I am concerned.

Elite Member
    Parts Supplier

Your OEM cub filter is actually obsolete. Its been replaced by 1992112C1 which we sell for $70. But hey... if the kubota is the same why bother!

I am also trying to replace the air filter on a Cub Cadet 7360ss and feel that the Cub Cadet brand is way over priced. I took the idea off of a previous post here where they matched a kubota Filter to a Cub Cadet Filter of a different model tractor (not the 7360). So I took the 7360 filter to my local Kubota dealership and this is what we came up with for a whole lot less money. It cost me $45 which is still high, but you got to have an air filter. The (Kubota filter item # 15741-11080) outer dimensions appear to be an exact match. All the seals match up. There are a few differences though. (1) the inside diameter of the kubota filter is about 1/2" bigger but this should not matter as long as the seals are tight. (2) The Kubota filter does not come with the white plastic fan blade looking thing, but the old one fits perfectly on the new filter. (3) The screw hole in the back plate is smaller than the Cub Cadet, and that can be remedied with a drill. Here are a few pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cub Air Filter-dscn3923.jpg   Cub Air Filter-dscn3926.jpg   Cub Air Filter-dscn3927.jpg   Cub Air Filter-dscn3929.jpg  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast