Z-Force 44 will not mow in reverse

/ Z-Force 44 will not mow in reverse #1  

mod300

Can someone tell me where I can disable this feature on a 2004 model?
Thanks

/ Z-Force 44 will not mow in reverse
Well I answered my own question last night. All that was needed is to remove one side cover and locate the switch that engages when the arm is move in reverse. Since it takes both switches to be in the same state do kill the mower only one switch needs to be tampered with. One could of unplugged the switch and put a paper clip or wire to jumper this out but I went for a more permanent solution. I cut the about 3" back from the plug just in case I ever wanted to go back to this feature, stripped the wire and just tied the two together. Problem solved mowing in reverse now.

/ Z-Force 44 will not mow in reverse #3  
I just bought a ZF 50, and was unsure how the electric PTO clutch would hold up over the years of kicking on and off while going back in fourth from rev. to forward.

Anyone have any input on that? Maybe it would actually be better on the mower to disconnect that feature?

/ Z-Force 44 will not mow in reverse #4  
Sigma, dont forget to keep us updated on your zf50. After using it 5-6 times give us another review. thanks chuck

/ Z-Force 44 will not mow in reverse #5  
Will do. After 2 mows, I'm still pleased. Still would have preferred an M60 Tank, but that was out of my price range .... not to mention, I really don't need anything that big.

/ Z-Force 44 will not mow in reverse #6  
Yeah but you could have financed that M60 at 0% for 3 years!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Z-Force 44 will not mow in reverse #7  
gamble77,

Don't you listen to Dave Ramsey on the radio?

"Cash is king, and debt is dumb"

Must be your salesman side coming out!

Greg

/ Z-Force 44 will not mow in reverse #8  
There is good debt and bad debt...how could it be bad debt if you have a new M60 sitting in your drive way?!?!

/ Z-Force 44 will not mow in reverse #9  
Sounds like a no brainer to me! Since the starting point is the ZF50, lets go with the M48 (I presume also 0% @ 3years).

Let's also assume the $4K to be available, but the savings account interest is neglegible (for easy math and to not make assumptions).

In 3 years, the $4K ZF will be worth perhaps 50cents on the dollar. So you have a $2K machine or liquidated: $2K [or you can say 3 years of mowing cost $2K ($4K invested minus 2K returned)].

The M48 (assuming 200 hours on it) will be barely broke in and worth likely 75 cents on the $. That means you either have a $4K machine if you come up with the extra $2K or liquidated: you pocket $2K [or count a cost of $2K for 3 years of mowing].

So you have exactly the same financial outcome to have a M48 in your garage (not to mention perhaps the last mower you ever buy); that's still not counting any interest you may have gained on your $4K .

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Z-Force 44 will not mow in reverse #10  
I couldn't resist that Dave Ramsey comment! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I understand the majority of people going in debt keeps the economy chugging along. Besides, if I was going to go in debt for a mower, I would have lost my ground with my wife who wants to trade in her minivan on something newer.

~ back to the original subject: It will take some time before I can clip any wires on my brand new (PAID FOR) ZF50. I will likely consider it .... just not yet.