'05 vs '06 Cub Cadet M60 Tank

/ '05 vs '06 Cub Cadet M60 Tank #1  

mfreeland

\'05 vs \'06 Cub Cadet M60 Tank

I'm looking for a commercial grade ZTR and the local Farm & Fleet carries Cub Cadet. They appear very well made and are less expensive than th Toro Z-Masters being sold by a local Awesome Machines. The salesperson at F&F said he would sell an '05 M60 Tank for $6800 vs $7300 for the '06. According to the salesperson the only change in '06 is a "smaller oil reservoir." My question is what is the advantage of a smaller oil reservoir and is it worth $500? Are there any other differences between the '05 and '06? I'll be using it for a 4 acre property. Any help ASAP would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike

/ '05 vs '06 Cub Cadet M60 Tank #2  
Re: \'05 vs \'06 Cub Cadet M60 Tank

They did go to a smaller hydraulic resivor however, the 2006 units also have larger wheel pumps on them with larger cooling fans. The 2006 models can run 12mph whereas the 2005 models run 10mph. The 2006 models have a drop in hydraulic filter whereas the 2005 models are spin on. Other than that they are the exact same machines and I would put them up against anything Toro has. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

/ '05 vs '06 Cub Cadet M60 Tank #3  

I wouldn't be afraid of either machine - espcially being an M60 on 4acres.

Is the warranty the same? Financing the same?

Assuming the same warranty (and no financing advantage):
Unless you're paying cash and the $500 is the deciding factor; I'd be tempted to have a year newer and the bigger pumps (IIRC, the Tanks have a huge resivoir anyway, so slightly smaller shouldn't be an issue). However, if he can do 10% the bargain hunter in me would be all over the 05 [yeah, I know that's only a $200 difference - call me /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif ]

From a similar experience last year, I think he should be able to do closer to 10% on the the 05, but I don't know the "supply demand" scenario he's looking at. When I bought last year, it was looking like a bad year to be selling mowers and got well over 10% off an 04. A month later the weather changed and he could probably have sold it near full price.

Good luck!

/ '05 vs '06 Cub Cadet M60 Tank #4  

Just looked at the CCC website. They went to BDP-12s on the M48's too!? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif