stalling 2135

/ stalling 2135 #1  

santo

Tractor
cub cadet 2135
Engine stalls after approx. 5 minutes after PTO engaged. Starts again but won't run without full choke for few minutes then runs without full choke but again stalls with PTO engaged.

help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ stalling 2135 #2  
Just a wild guess (I don't even know which engine that model has), but it sounds to me as if the carburetor either needs adjusting or that bolts have come loose letting it suck air in where it shouldn't. When I had a 2130AGS, with the little Kohler engine, I had to occasionally adjust the carburetor. Apparently vibration turned the adjustment screw when it shouldn't have.

/ stalling 2135 #3  
Can you see fuel in the fuel line after she dies? I've seen clogged gas cap vents cause fuel starvation. Could also be a failing fuel pump that looses it's prime once warm (diaphragm warpage). Also- if this is a kohler, they are super sensative to the type of inline fuel filter used. Stick with an OEM fuel filter for your kohler.

G/luck
Joel

/ stalling 2135 #4  
Yes it sounds like a classic case of plugged fuel filter- just like on a car it will usually start and idle fine, but once you go to accelerate in drive (as is turning on PTO clutch to mow) it loses power and dies. Then it will restart after a few minutes, but the scenario keeps repeating. Try filter and gas cap first as JTKub said, as they are cheap and easy. The fuel pumps can and do fail, but are a much less common cause of starvation. Only after checking those things would I start to fart around with the carb.

-Fordlords-